Quantcast

Heads up, E-Bay and Pay Pal "New Policy" for Sellers

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Just a heads up for you guys selling on E-Bay and using Pay Pal, "New Policy".

E-Bay and Pay Pal are working together to be able to hold sellers $$ for a longer period of time now. Here is how it now works. Reseller sells a product on E-Bay to a buyer. Buyer then sends $$ to Pay Pal. Buyer sees $$ in their Pay Pal account. Seller leaves good feed back for Buyer. The Buyers $$ is now held by Pay Pal and E-Bay till the Buyer leaves good feedback. If they don’t leave good feedback the $$’s are left on hold for over 21+ days. In my case I sold something and charged a Shipping cost. My my funds are on hold so I can’t ship the product with the $$’s I charged for shipping. I now have to come out of my pocket to pay for shipping up front. In the real business world you don’t hand over or ship product until you get paid for it. I understand they want all parties to be happy with their transactions, but this is crazy. Now Pay Pal and E-Bay can dictate when I get paid for a product I sold. That’s just not right!!!!! They should release any funds they know are allocated for shipping so the reseller doesn’t have to come out of their own pocket. So beware if you sell anything on E-Bay if you didn’t already know about this new policy.

Cecil

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
how is this different from what theyve been doing for a while?

its a huge pain when i ship something internationally b/c they either have to verify itsbeen delivered and or get positive feedback from customer....and when shipping internationally, it takes forever