Quantcast

Heidi's Summer Ride Vacation

tidan

Chimp
Oct 29, 2003
San Diego
Fantastic pics and scenery! Thanks for sharing them! Makes me wonder why anyone would live in SoCal (myself included ;-) ).

M.O.A.B.

Chimp
Mar 17, 2002
SoCal
Heidi,

Looks like we may be taking a road trip up to OR this summer and there's talk of doing a few different rides. Most want to do the MacKenzie trail up by Portland but after that we haven't decided much. What would you suggest?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
M.O.A.B - MRT is closer to Eugene than Portland. I'd suggest Surveyor's Ridge which affords AWESOME views of Mt Hood. If you'd like to suffer, then Castle Rock out by MRT is a great ride as well. It's a tough climb up all the switchbacks but super fun on the way down. Oakridge over by Eugene has some excellent rides as well. I suggest doing Alpine. If you get over to Bend I can lead you one some rides as well.

MTrider

Chimp
Jun 4, 2009
Missoula MT
Hey i was just looking in the montana section and it directed me to your post! I've just gotten back into biking this summer after a hiatus during college..too many activities going on which is too bad...but anyway i live in the rattlesnake now...so the area you rode is basically my back yard! its a pretty fun area! I'm trying to put together a summer trip down to the bozeman area then to jackson to go bike, my trips down have all been for epic weeks of snowboarding in jackson but your pics completely sold me on a summer trip! thanks for the amazing pics and awesome post! i'll see what i can do about coming up with some pics from up in the 'snake as well!
cheers!

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Hey Heidi, did you ever get down to St. Helens? Weather was awesome last weekend.

Missed you guys in Bend but logged over 120 miles in 5 days of riding including a great Gray Butte loop for an easy day. Marvin's is a nice addition but up T-winks down Funner wasn't so fun. I assume it will get better though.
My son rode his busted no-derailleur bike all teh way from tejh top of Funner to camp spot off KGB middle-middle and did a great job. Good thing Hutches had a couple spare hangers. Good times!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Hey Heidi, did you ever get down to St. Helens? Weather was awesome last weekend.

Missed you guys in Bend but logged over 120 miles in 5 days of riding including a great Gray Butte loop for an easy day. Marvin's is a nice addition but up T-winks down Funner wasn't so fun. I assume it will get better though.
My son rode his busted no-derailleur bike all teh way from tejh top of Funner to camp spot off KGB middle-middle and did a great job. Good thing Hutches had a couple spare hangers. Good times!
I haven't posted my trip report from St. Helens....it's in the works. Yes, Funner is AWESOME but going up Tiddylwinks is ehhhhh.

Stay tuned for St. Helens post