Quantcast

>>>Hell yes its FTS Fridag!!! GMT<<<

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Happy that it's Friday...been a long week of people fussing at me. I don't blame them - I think I fussed at myself a few times as well. We have a bunch of rain headed our way, so it looks like I'm doing inside stuff this weekend.

Well...let's go get some coffee, crack open this Friday egg and see what kind of trouble I can cook up today.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Computer is still broken, which is annoying. Thought it was a dead M.2. New M.2 not recognized—mobo?

On the upside I work a half day this afternoon. In an apparent effort to make up for pulling me from academic time to cover other people in past weeks my workweek has consisted of 2.5 days academic time, 1.5 days on service, and my 1 vacation/midweek ski day in the middle.

:notbadobama:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

$17 dollar rental car is indeed a Nissan Sentra. I'll probably put in 50% today and leave early to go pick up my truck. Still work hungover from January.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Went searching for snow last night, and gee golly, did I ever find it. I got to the trail head, somehow, in 100% whiteout conditions. I was questioning myself and thinking about just turning around and going home, but I was already at the trails so I just went out anyways. Trails were a few inches of powder; slow going and tough, but lots of drifting was had. Didn't go very far, riding in powder poops me out.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. My FTS levels are high. Wifey purchased a new dining set on Wednesday, which I spent yesterday evening putting together. Chairs are done, table tonight. I just found out that my friend's son was sent to the principal's office for asking somebody if they had a nipple. He's 6 and in first grade, but this was found to be offensive. It's an anatonically correct statement for a part of the body. This Puritanical bullshit in the US needs to be ended. I told them to escalate beyond the principal to shut that shit down going forward and knowing James he probably already is.

Planning on skiing with Haley tomorrow. She has decided that she would rather go to ski school than ski with me because @Nick isn't skiing with us. Funcle Nick indeed.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Computer is still broken, which is annoying. Thought it was a dead M.2. New M.2 not recognized—mobo?

On the upside I work a half day this afternoon. In an apparent effort to make up for pulling me from academic time to cover other people in past weeks my workweek has consisted of 2.5 days academic time, 1.5 days on service, and my 1 vacation/midweek ski day in the middle.

:notbadobama:
ya, sounds like mobo is unhappy :(

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
(1) Wifey purchased a new dining set on Wednesday, which I spent yesterday evening putting together. Chairs are done, table tonight.
(2) Planning on skiing with Haley tomorrow. She has decided that she would rather go to ski school than ski with me because @Nick isn't skiing with us. Funcle Nick indeed.
(1) Got pics? I've been looking for a new table/chairs.
(2) Haley is awesome. Her skiing improves notably every time she goes. Tell her I'll take her soon.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ran through my taxes last night. It seems I forgot about some $$ I moved around and now I owe about $2K where I was expecting a small return. Oh well. Have a few months to think of some creative deductions.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
(1) Got pics? I've been looking for a new table/chairs.
(2) Haley is awesome. Her skiing improves notably every time she goes. Tell her I'll take her soon.
https://www.costco.com/montcross-dining-collection.html

But it's way cheaper right now; this was $900 with taxes. There are a few other sets there right now for <$700, so if you want to make a trip let me know. They are pretty nice. Same quality as our old dining set, which is going to the kitchenette.

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Nah, made an early withdrawal on an inherited IRA, forgot that I didn't include the 10% penalty in my withholdings.
Your CPA is wrong. An inherited IRA should have no 10% early w/d penalty. If it does, it was not put into an inherited account and you or the person who told you to put it into that account fucked up. You should only have to pay the appropriate taxes with an inherited IRA.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Your CPA is wrong. An inherited IRA should have no 10% early w/d penalty. If it does, it was not put into an inherited account and you or the person who told you to put it into that account fucked up. You should only have to pay the appropriate taxes with an inherited IRA.
I am my own CPA. I need to read up on this. A quick scan showed something about minimum required distribution and some other noise.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Spending most of this work day in meetings and currently on a conference call. Speaking work, I have to work tomorrow morning too. Lame. Speaking of taxes, I sent out our company W2's last Friday (14,000 of them). It's the most stressful thing I do all year. I reconcile and verify and test and check but I always feel anxiety and stress until people start filing their taxes and I know the data is good. Today, dare I say, I feel like I am in the clear. Knock on wood.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I am my own CPA. I need to read up on this. A quick scan showed something about minimum required distribution and some other noise.
There is an annual minimum required distribution, but there is no 10% early w/d penalty if it is in an inherited IRA. That is black and white. As long as the account is properly classified (Inherited IRA for John Doe, FBO Westy), you are fine. If it says Traditional IRA or Roth IRA for Westy you have a problem.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There is an annual minimum required distribution, but there is no 10% early w/d penalty if it is in an inherited IRA. That is black and white. As long as the account is properly classified (Inherited IRA for John Doe, FBO Westy), you are fine. If it says Traditional IRA or Roth IRA for Westy you have a problem.
1099-r says traditional

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I'mma get all IAB up on STM with a BRH and a couple of TLDs after work today. Then maybe an IPA or 5 from NTB. Gotta get my taxes ready to send to the CPA so the IRS doesn't FMITA for not filing on time.