Quantcast

Hello from the UK

foxy

Chimp
May 19, 2004
Edinburgh, UK
Hi, just thought i'd pop on here and check out this forum as i've heard you girls know your stuff.
Let me introduce myself, i'm Hannah, have been riding xc for about 8years and DH for almost a year now. I'm hooked but still have a lot to learn. Anyway, that's a bit about me, just thought i'd be polite and say hi :)

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Hi Hannah. Welcome. I'm Terry. Live in NYC and dream about the Rockies. Mostly ride DH, some XC, and a little BMX. I'm not one of the girls who knows her stuff but I probably act like I do at times. ;)

(Note to all: Kinda embarassed I didn't have the savvy to have introduced myself when I first came on RM over a year ago. Please let the above serve as such. Thanks and I'm sorry.)

t

foxy

Chimp
May 19, 2004
Edinburgh, UK
Oooh the rockies, i hope to be heading out that way for some riding next year if a nice 2 week gap in the race calender occurs, this year i'll be heading out to ride morzine in France for 2 months :D

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Welcome to the monkey, Hannah! I'm Jill and I race a little bit of everything...mostly DH but I also race BMX, XC, singlespeed, and a little road from time to time. Right now, I'm healing from a broken ankle I got riding motocross a few months ago, but I'll be back racing soon!!!:D

foxy

Chimp
May 19, 2004
Edinburgh, UK
Wow that's pretty impressive, i'd love to branch out into more riding styles but i just can't afford it. I have a bighit with jnrs and it's too heavy to jump on and a h/t xc race bike that's just completely wrong geometry. Hopefully next year when i get a job i'll be able to afford more bikes :)
I'm recovering from my 1st proper DH race at the wknd. Didn't go so well, look like someone took a baseball bat to my legs and have a nice xt rota burn on my leg. Dainese knee and shin aren't that good at all :(

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Originally posted by foxy
Wow that's pretty impressive, i'd love to branch out into more riding styles but i just can't afford it. I have a bighit with jnrs and it's too heavy to jump on and a h/t xc race bike that's just completely wrong geometry. Hopefully next year when i get a job i'll be able to afford more bikes :)
I'm recovering from my 1st proper DH race at the wknd. Didn't go so well, look like someone took a baseball bat to my legs and have a nice xt rota burn on my leg. Dainese knee and shin aren't that good at all :(
Yeah, I can't afford it either but luckily I work for a bike manufacturer...so that helps!

Congrats on your first DH race...good or bad, at least you made it down the course which is more than the majority of people in this world could do. Rotor burns suck!!!:mad: