Quantcast

Helmet karma - Gimme my helmet USPS!

h22ekhatch

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
Portland
This post is rather pointless, but I am annoyed...

A couple of weeks ago I broke my old 661 helmet so I needed a new one. I hit all the local spots trying on helmets but couldnt find one that fit and I liked. I decided to bite the bullet and buy a composite TLD that I know fit pretty good. The only problem is that there are no local TLD dealers that sell the D2, just the SE (this wasn't mean to start the mtb vs moto helmet debate pleas).

I tried go-ride and beyond bikes, but both places were out of stock on the size I need. I found this moto shop on ebay that had it in stock...I called the place directly and explained that I need the helmet ASAP (I ordered it last friday as I need it this coming weekend...giving me a little over a week).

The place is in norcal and had it shipped immediately, in fact it showed up on my doorstep monday morning. I was pretty happy, except for the fact they accidentally gave me the inferno instead of the razor.

I called them up and they were super cool about it, said they would have the right helmet out that day (monday). Since the last shipment was so fast it seemed like there would be enough time...but I went ahead and reiterated the fact I absolutely 100% needed it for the coming weekend. They said no sweat, just send the first helmet back when I get a chance.

So of course you can see where this is going...its friday night and the new helmet isn't here. I leave Sunday morning for whistler, and I am currently helmetless. My only chance is that it shows up tomorrow morning (USPS so they do deliver saturday)...but at the moment I am not in an optimistic mood.

On the other hand though, I haven't shipped the original helmet back yet (too busy at work). They said "well, since you still have the first helmet in your posession you should just use that one"...thats all well and good, but the inferno is really fugly and these things are way too expensive to have one you don't like. I know some of you will be rolling your eyes that I care at all what the helmet looks like, but c'mon.

So I guess if it doesnt show up tomorrow I will have to borrow a helmet or just use the inferno. :nopity: for me.

h22ekhatch

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
Portland
erastusboy said:
i guess since no one has replied to your post i will.

do you really have an h22 hatch?
Not anymore. I have had two in my lifetime though...a street one, and full race turbo setup. Both have found new owners...

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Yeah, stick with what you were supposed to get. If you are going to drop that kind of coin down, you should be absolutely happy with what you get.

Good luck, you could always get a cheap Fox MX helmet to get you thru Whistler.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
i totally agree with you that the inferno is well straight up fugly, but you mean to tell me that you would borrow a 661, giro, or fox that looks okay instead of rocking that tld. i mean in my opinion i woul rather rock the tld that didnt look as good as the others that borrow one of the previous mentioned helmets. i mean that is just me. ohh and good luck with getting the helmet man that really sucks that they screwed you over like that.