Quantcast

Help a gravity racer out.

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
Im a downhiller so sorry for probably sounding stupid here. I had a client (I build houses) give me a brand new in box campi cassette. I know the spacers are ti and it looks like the cogs are. Its 10 speed. I thought I might be able to take it apart and use on my dh bike. I didnt realize it was to small to fit on my hub.

My question is how much do these things go for if I want to sell it. I took it out of the box and my dog ate the box but its never even been mounted. I dont have use for it so I was gunna put it up here or craigslist or something.

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
It was free, yes? Ebay it. Regardless of the price it sells for, it's money you didn't have before.

The worst thing that could happen...you get beer money. I see no problem here.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
It was free, yes? Ebay it. Regardless of the price it sells for, it's money you didn't have before.

:stupid: but if you wanna get the most for it just join a roady forum and ask, who cares if the think your a troll its not like you will ever post there again.

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or

I took it as partial payment so it's not like I got it for free.

And I'm hardly trolling I've been on rm for years. I just read through the road forums and don't ever need to post. I've got two road bikes. Thanks for the help roadies.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
I took it as partial payment so it's not like I got it for free.

And I'm hardly trolling I've been on rm for years. I just read through the road forums and don't ever need to post. I've got two road bikes. Thanks for the help roadies.
i wasnt saying you were trolling i said who cares if the road forum you ask thinks your a troll, thats all:thumb:.

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
Campy has moved to 11 speed so it's dated, you probably won't get much for it.
Ya I was wrong. It is 11 speed.

Insanity9. I'll live with you road bike elite thinking I'm a troll. I was asking an honest question. My Tarmac is completely stock, as is my old centurion. Like I said I'm a dher that just likes all bikes.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BTW, Campy and Shimano cassettes are not cross-compatible with the hubs. Look at the splines on both.

Biter

Chimp
Jun 23, 2006
Ya I was wrong. It is 11 speed.

Insanity9. I'll live with you road bike elite thinking I'm a troll. I was asking an honest question. My Tarmac is completely stock, as is my old centurion. Like I said I'm a dher that just likes all bikes.
LOL, I knew you wouldn't understand what he meant as soon as I read his post.

In Insanity9's first post he suggested you join a roadbike forum and ask your question there in order to get a more comprehensive answer (not the roadbike section on ridemonkey; an entirely different message board).

In his second post he says that he does not think you are trolling on this forum. And that if you join another forum and ask your question there, like he suggested, it won't matter if the people there think you are a troll (I don't know why the people on the other hypothetical road forum would think you are a troll anyway though lol), because you will likely never post there again.

I hope I don't sound like an ass, I just find it kind of funny that the break down in communication works as a vehicle to allow you to imagine that you're receiving the snobbish response that you anticipated you'd get from posting in the road forum!

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/CS282A00-Campagnolo+Chorus+11-Speed+Cassette.aspx is this the cassette you got? Seems to be the only 11spd campy on jenson..

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
LOL, I knew you wouldn't understand what he meant as soon as I read his post.

In Insanity9's first post he suggested you join a roadbike forum and ask your question there in order to get a more comprehensive answer (not the roadbike section on ridemonkey; an entirely different message board).

In his second post he says that he does not think you are trolling on this forum. And that if you join another forum and ask your question there, like he suggested, it won't matter if the people there think you are a troll (I don't know why the people on the other hypothetical road forum would think you are a troll anyway though lol), because you will likely never post there again.

I hope I don't sound like an ass, I just find it kind of funny that the break down in communication works as a vehicle to allow you to imagine that you're receiving the snobbish response that you anticipated you'd get from posting in the road forum!

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/CS282A00-Campagnolo+Chorus+11-Speed+Cassette.aspx is this the cassette you got? Seems to be the only 11spd campy on jenson..
your hired as my personal translator :thumb: