Quantcast

help! i need crooked auto shop advice!

J

JRB

llkoolkeg said:
Blood pooled elsewhere is not doing a good job of circulating oxygen to the brain, eh? :D

Folks are having a tough time with Megan around. :think:

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
dhtahoe said:
Most stations like that will not carry a part like that in stock. Tell them you want to see an invoice for said Head Gasket from where they ordered it. What kind of car??? explain what it did when it broke down. Did it over heat, and when you blow a head gasket it will 9 times out of 10 warp the head. Meaning that you have to have the head milled flat again. This alone will cost between 500-1000. If this was not done you will blow the head gasket agian. Ask them about THIS. One other thing what about the chip. If they a referring to the Computer CPU chip that is total BS. It's like saying your muffler bearings are bad.
that's why i thought the price and "discount" were fishy, i know that shizz is expensive.

is there such a thing as a coil chip? whatever is used to make a spark, that chip....

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
loco-gringo said:
Just remember how mean you were able to be in that PM the other day and apply the same attitude to the shop in question. Since you never answered the card thing, I would assume that you didn't use one. I also would tend to think you need to put that car in large body of water. It sure seems to be causing lots of trouble for you the last few weeks.

edit - my assumptions are always wrong. Dammit. :mumble: Still sink that mutha in the bay.
yeah, pretty much want to drive the thing off a cliff cuz i'm FAIRLY sure this car is haunted.

i know, that pm was funy! i can rage sometimes if it's in me, i just want to handle this one smart-like...leave emotions out....SO uncharacteristic of a womans, huh!

peeps are KILLING me with the comments...ahahahhaa!!!

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
computer too slow....can't respond fast enough...must go to meeting with short business skirt and endowments hanging out...will check in later

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR THE HELP!!!!

oh, and thanks, bigginsis for trying! :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Megan Black said:
that's the other funny thing. he gave me a "good neighbor" discount of $160 because of the fact that they had it in the shop so long. sounded fishy to me because mechanics are crooks, i chalked it up to a "feeling guilty, let's not TOTALLY screw her over" discount

was driving along, pressed on the gas, nothing happened. car was still running. pulled over, turned car off. tried to turn it back on, turned over but wouldn't start. when i was there and they looked at it, spark plugs were covered in oil.

my friend thinks that it was probably JUST the coil set, the mechanic said maybe the spark plug seals (in the shaft?) were blown. everyone says if it was the head, coolant would be mixed with oil and be a whitish color, spark plugs were covered in ONLY oil.
Yeah coolant was the first thing I noticed not hearing in your above story.

Oil huh... running but no gas... if was running still and not gas I couldn't imagine it was the coil......

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
WHERE in seattle is the gas station dammit?!?

also, as suggested, contact the local news people. King 5 has a weather chick named megan black.....:D

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
dhtahoe said:
Most stations like that will not carry a part like that in stock. Tell them you want to see an invoice for said Head Gasket from where they ordered it.
Excellent suggestion - but do not call them and ask... walk in and demand the record right away. Bring a reliable witness. Do you know any police officers or lawyers? If not just have your witness dressed in a suit anyway... but say only that they are "a freind" if asked who they are.

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
could it have just been the seals in the spark plug shafts (i have no farcking clue what parts are called.)

so check this. i did NOT sign an estimate. i did NOT even come in to sign the bill. because i have no money, i had a friend put it on his credit card, i have the bill/statement of work. in my sig. line, the guy scribbled on there, "OK Megan" (well, my real name) just called friend, he is reversing the charges

anyway, it's a 90 honda crx.

chevron station in BELLEVUE, WA

the seattle reporter's name is meeghan black, which doesn't matter anyway, cuz it's not my real name!

no i'm not wearing a thong

and no, i call my car, "c'mon you a-hole!!"

hehe

seriously, thank you for all the tips and advice and things. i will use them all. i will go down at lunch today and demand the order for the head

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
yea, I knew it wasn't in seattle.......:D

you should still call the news people. they go crazy over stuff like this. every damm reporter wants to break some big story.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dh girlie said:
I'M the PERV??? have you read this thread??? I think I'm the least of the perv's here...

And what's wrong with a nooner? You meet up...do it...and go back to work...nuthin like a nice nooner to help pass the afternoon away...
I used to have car nooners at the park.

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
pnj said:
yea, I knew it wasn't in seattle.......:D

you should still call the news people. they go crazy over stuff like this. every damm reporter wants to break some big story.
OMG, wouldn't it be hilarious if meeghan black did the story on it!!

welp, i had my friend reverse the charges....so i guess that leaves the ball in their court. i figure, if they want to take action against me (rob mentioned putting a lien on the car) then THEY can start the work.

you guys rock for coming to a girl's aid :love:

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
meegan is the weather chick, plus she's pregnant. :D

call king 5 or whoever anyways. I love when they bust the local scumbags.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
and change your damm location thing!!! :D

unless you do actually live in seattle. ;)

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
I'M the PERV??? have you read this thread??? I think I'm the least of the perv's here...

And what's wrong with a nooner? You meet up...do it...and go back to work...nuthin like a nice nooner to help pass the afternoon away...
exactly

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Ok 90 CRX=Aluminium head=warpage. And the thing with the spark plugs sounds like your oil rings are starting to wear. Was the oil on the inside on the electrode or on the outside on the ceramic. Ohhhhhhhhhh wait maybe they replaced the the valve cover gasket. If IT was leaking that would explain everything, and many people get the two confused. On Honda engines there are big o-rings right around where the spark plug holes are on the valve cover and is a common issue. If those were leaking oil past them it would cause the plugs to oil foul and cause your ignition coil to work soooooooo hard that in the long run cause the coil to fail. The coil would allow the engine to idle but not work under load i.e. when you step on the gas.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Megan, this thread is so SHOCKING...... :) You better return to MT wa with us Car or not. We will come kidnap you.... we need to relive that ferry trip... maybe drunken Hockey dad will be there too......

Hope you get this car stuff figured out.

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
oly said:
Megan, this thread is so SHOCKING...... :) You better return to MT wa with us Car or not. We will come kidnap you.... we need to relive that ferry trip... maybe drunken Hockey dad will be there too......

Hope you get this car stuff figured out.
haha! drunken hockey dad rocked!

i hope i don't get it figured out just so i don't have to drive! ;)

next time, though, i'm going in YOUR guys' truck, spending 12 hours in a van w/ nick and bibs was scary!!!! :p

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Megan Black said:
1stly, would someone REALLY have the lack of morals to pull something like this?

this is a stupid question that you know the answer to. sorry about your car, that sucks. i'm lucky enough to have an awesome mechanic, otherwise i'm sure the same would have happened to me.

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
laura said:
this is a stupid question that you know the answer to. sorry about your car, that sucks. i'm lucky enough to have an awesome mechanic, otherwise i'm sure the same would have happened to me.
honestly i don't know the answer! i don't consider myself a sheltered person, but i really didn't think FRAUD was something to expect on a day to day basis.

i know that getting my car fixed there was going to cost me. i knew they'd overcharge, i figured i'd rather have them overcharge me there, than have to worry about towing (the mechanic i usually go to and trust is 80 miles away) and other bs. i weighed what i thought was the risk and made a decision.

i knew i was going to get screwed in some way. i just really truly didn't know they'd try to totally f*$& me up the a**

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
dhtahoe said:
Ok 90 CRX=Aluminium head=warpage. And the thing with the spark plugs sounds like your oil rings are starting to wear. Was the oil on the inside on the electrode or on the outside on the ceramic. Ohhhhhhhhhh wait maybe they replaced the the valve cover gasket. If IT was leaking that would explain everything, and many people get the two confused. On Honda engines there are big o-rings right around where the spark plug holes are on the valve cover and is a common issue. If those were leaking oil past them it would cause the plugs to oil foul and cause your ignition coil to work soooooooo hard that in the long run cause the coil to fail. The coil would allow the engine to idle but not work under load i.e. when you step on the gas.
I'm following your logic here on everything but the aluminum head=warpage part. Almost every modern car has an aluminum head(s) and more and more are coming with aluminum blocks. I don't see the correlation there. I'm pretty sure (like you said earlier) she'd know if the HG blew. I'm thinkin' you might be right with the VC gasket theory.

Megan (or whatever the feck yer real name is) can you scan the work order in so we can look at it?

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
punkassean said:
I'm following your logic here on everything but the aluminum head=warpage part. Almost every modern car has an aluminum head(s) and more and more are coming with aluminum blocks. I don't see the correlation there. I'm pretty sure (like you said earlier) she'd know if the HG blew. I'm thinkin' you might be right with the VC gasket theory.

Megan (or whatever the feck yer real name is) can you scan the work order in so we can look at it?
Aluminium heads just tend to warp from over heating which is what causes the HG to blow in the first place.