Quantcast

Help me choose a bike?

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Logitech30006, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Logitech30006

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    Hello everybody I've recently become really interested in mountain biking however I am on a VERY tight budget as any normal university student who comes from a poverty stricken background is.I'm looking at around $200 max.
    I've been to my local bike shops and took a look around, upon asking the lowest priced bike I could pick up the cheapest I have came across is $350 for a beginner bike, which I assume is about the average price.

I've done some research at this point I'm coming to the conclusion I'm going to have to get a "Toy" Bike which I think will be acceptable for my local trail I'm wanting to "Start" on. which mostly consists of dirt and a few small vines along the trail. It's nothing to serious, no rocks or jumps but something I believe I could have fun on just cruising.
    With that being said I have found 2 bikes that fit my budget, yes they are walmart bikes (Wal-mart Fall apart heard it,don't want to again. I just wan't some valuable feedback <3)

www. walmart.com/ip/Polaris-Ranger-M.0-Mountain-Bike/38506070
    www .walmart.com/ip/Kawasaki-26-Men-s-Mountain-Bike/11064964
    I've read a-lot of bad reviews about "cheap" bikes with full suspension, so I'm a bit Leary of the Ranger. I'm kind of looking more for a top-end Rigid bike if possible
    These 2 are what I could find, though being inexperienced with bikes I'm not 100% sure what I'm looking for.
    I'm not to worried about "The fits good and rides good" at the moment as much as I am about getting into the sport, if I enjoy the sport then I will indeed save up for a few months to pick up a bike from a shop.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. johnbryanpeters

Rep/Likes:
    200 / 1,711
    Neither of the above. Find a used bike.

3. maddog17

maddog17 Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    16 / 62
    look on your local Craigslist for something used. if you must go the walmart route then for the extra money the mongoose for $220 would be a bit better. alu frame and at least disk brake on the front with shimano parts. maybe keep an eye out on Black Friday specials at Dicks Sporting Goods or Sports Authority.

#3 -   Nov 9, 2015