Quantcast

Help me decide - which used DH fork? (Fox/BOS/Boxxer...)

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Just putting this out there (and i have no real relation to BOS) is that if i was going to get ANY used fork, i would get a BOS because their life-time is much longer than a typical DH fork. 2 year service intervals instead of 8 hours... They are anodized internally and dont use any plastic parts(i think). BOS forks dont die-seriously.

This season I had a few suspension offers from reputable companies, all of them beat the BOS in terms of price, however, I chose to BUY an idylle rare and stoy shock at much more than i should have, and i am happy i did.

Its Air and open bath, what's not to love!

https://vimeo.com/100234670
I am pretty sure that's an illegal goggle strap placement and discredits any recommendation regarding anything on Ridemonkey. Geez Demo, get it together... You of all people should know better.

Samoto

Dec 16, 2013
I am pretty sure that's an illegal goggle strap placement and discredits any recommendation regarding anything on Ridemonkey. Geez Demo, get it together... You of all people should know better.
is it a joke? :)

Mlody

Monkey
Feb 25, 2006
London - UK
old italian cars are worst crap, right? :D

Why dont Germans make a DH fork.. it is a mystery.
Ohh I love old italian cars! :D
And judging by the past 50k miles, I'd call mine quite reliable. It isn't old though.

Germans actually made a DH fork once - Magura BigEgo.
IIRC it wasn't very good :p

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
hmmmm, i've got a carbon MRD Dorado 2009 and am thinking of selling it.... Interested?

read post #32

no matter what fork you get, you should want to do maintenance on it ( i personally get stoked, almost too much stoke it gets unhealthy) when i get the bike stand out and some beers and clean/ take apart forks/ anything bike related to fix them

let me know how that BOS is.. aesthetically they are beautiful looking, i know nothing about feel/ dampening and quality of the internals exc

2 of my friends have 40s, one just snapped his arch ( front wheel got stuck in a pocket when he blew over a berm and his chest twisted the bars ) and my other friend has oil on his left leg.. but all of that is normal sh*t that happens to forks.. my friends 40rc2 ( i think thats what they are called ) is super buttery and feels great

my other friend has an 05 888 and its incredible how smooth and almost matenience free that year is.. i have no idea what the new models are like

iv always been a boxxer guy, and i had a '11 rc2c with a cracked seal head, bought a '15 charger damper, and the thing feels so damn good.. i love it every time i hit the trails..

for the weekend warrior/ park rats like myself, i would get a boxxer team and put a charger damper in there