Quantcast

Help me figure out the combo to this cable lock.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I have a kryptonite cable / combo lock that I don't know the combo of.

I have a LOT of free time.

What are the sequential patterns that I need to try so that I can figure out the combo to this thing?

etc?

but then I'll need to go backwards too, right?

etc.

and then?

This should be 'easy' to figure out but I suck with math and numbers, unless we're talking like, 42069 or something.

Go.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Put the cable under tension, start at the dial closest to the male end, be very mindful and you'll feel a slight shift when it hits the right #. Then move to the next one. Should only take a minute or 2.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
why am I not at all surprised that NO ONE actually answered the question correctly? :p :nuts: :nuts: :nuts <-- I know that probably no longer works but you old folks will know what I mean.

The suggestion to pull on it and try to feel the tumblers fall into place doesn't work. I even tried that technique with a SUPER cheap lock and couldn't get it to work for me.

Should I even bother trying to re ask the question?
jerks. haha.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
why am I not at all surprised that NO ONE actually answered the question correctly? :p :nuts: :nuts: :nuts <-- I know that probably no longer works but you old folks will know what I mean.

The suggestion to pull on it and try to feel the tumblers fall into place doesn't work. I even tried that technique with a SUPER cheap lock and couldn't get it to work for me.

jerks. haha.
Wait, you locked yourself to something didn't you ?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

jerks. haha.
Here is the combination:

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
it's not
cunt

It's simply a decent cable lock that I'd like to use if I can figure out the combo. I have enough time on my hands to try 10,000 different numbers. I simply need help with a systematic approach.

I tried 0000,0001,0002 -->> 9999 with no luck.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Put the cable under tension, start at the dial closest to the male end, be very mindful and you'll feel a slight shift when it hits the right #. Then move to the next one. Should only take a minute or 2.
I found the bike thief!

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
oh! 80085 is a good one.

This was a lock that a customer purchased, took home and set the combo and then brought back to the shop saying, "this lock doesn't work...".

Customers are dumb so we just assumed they messed up. :) (a perfectly logical assumption)

I'm gunna call it broken then and trash it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
it's not
cunt

It's simply a decent cable lock that I'd like to use if I can figure out the combo. I have enough time on my hands to try 10,000 different numbers. I simply need help with a systematic approach.

I tried 0000,0001,0002 -->> 9999 with no luck.
Maybe bike locks just aren't for you.

Have you considered a different pastime? Like knitting?

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
If you really think the time you spend trying 10.000 combinations is worth the cost of a new lock I suggest you find something to do with your life before you get old and regret not making more of your time given...

Time is money.
Money is beer.
Beer is good.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
If you really think the time you spend trying 10.000 combinations is worth the cost of a new lock I suggest you find something to do with your life before you get old and regret not making more of your time given...

Time is money.
Money is beer.
Beer is good.
I already went through 0000-9999. Simple set the lock on the table and when I watch tv, turn the dials. It doesn't take that long. I think it took a week.

Time is something I have A LOT of. I also have beer so I'm not missing out on anything.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
my hobby over this winter has been drinking. a lot.
My work hours haven't aligned with me being able to go ride in the mud and get to work in a timely fashion.
so. just drinking. mostly.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
actually, while we're here....

I'm currrently in a run down sh!t as$ hotel room drinking at beer. it's 12:51 AM
There were hairs in the bed when i pulled the sheets back (as in, UNDER the sheets, not under the blankets) and hair (pubic looking) on one of the pillows. that pillow case is kinda yellow looking too.

I spotted a number of strip clubs near by as well.

someone is yelling in the hallway.

crazy thing is, there are TWO flat screen tv's in this classy joint.

contemplating sleeping in my clothes on the floor. or, sleeping in my car in the parking lot. not sure which would be more comfy. It's a hardwood floor and seems like it's new... maybe i could sleep in the bathtub.