Quantcast

Help Tim @ Switchback Cyclery. Please read.

Lazy72

Chimp
Jun 29, 2004
Local Cyclist and Bike Shop Owner Diagnosed with Testicular Cancer
Donate to the Get Well Tim Fund
While it may be easy to crack jokes about his likeness to Lance, Tim Panttaja, who along with his wife Sherry, owns Switchback Cyclery in Orange, has found himself in a situation that is no laughing matter. On May 29th the Switchback family was devastated with terrible news that Tim had Testicular Cancer. A few days later he underwent emergency surgery, and since then has received wonderful results that he appears to be cancer-free. However, he and his family still have a long, uphill road ahead of them as they face the strain his radiation treatment will put on them, as well as the shop. Although Switchback Cyclery has flourished in the six years it has been open, we’re all aware of the extra effort it takes to keep a small, family owned business afloat. To make matters worse, they were shocked to learn that their health insurance will not cover any of Tim’s treatment, leaving them in an extremely difficult financial situation.
Tim and Sherry are an inseparable team who give 110% every single day to cater to the entire cycling community. Whether it’s working until ten o’ clock at night to finish building a mountain biker’s new dream ride, spending countless hours fine-tuning customers’ race bikes, or playing with the kids who ride out on their first two-wheelers, Tim devotes his life to creating a shop that embodies both professionalism and performance in an atmosphere that is super friendly and fun. Give back to the people who have given so much to the cycling community by donating money to the Get Well Tim Fund. Doing so will not only show your support for a great family, but for keeping the local cycling community thriving and well.

Checks or Money Orders should be made out to Tim Panttaja and mailed to:

Switchback Cyclery
3436 E. Chapman Ave.
Orange, Ca 92869

If you wish to donate by credit card or through a PayPal account on the Internet go to:
www.paypal.com, click on Send Money, and send to the email address Get_Well_Tim_Fund@hotmail.com

If you have any questions email Get_Well_Tim_Fund@hotmail.com, or call 714-628-3913.

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
WOW, I had heard about the cancer but did not know about the insurance not covering it.
For those of you who do not know Tim, he is a super guy. Switchback is a great shop too.

I'm sure MTBikeJ is over at the shop helping out with the day to day things. I'll make sure to get over there to see if I can help in anyway.

Is there any way this thread can be a sticky at the top of the fourm?

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
Lazy:

thanks for posting it over here as well. I was about to x-post it from MTBR.

this brings new meaning to "support your local bike shop"