Quantcast

Help us build the ultimate commute backpack!

Sep 9, 2015
Hi,
I am a co-founder at Lumos (Bangalore-based startup) and we need your help in building the ultimate commute backpack. We are currently working on the Lumos Ninja and the Lumos Nox. ! In both the Ninja and Nox, we have in-built EL-lighting that will help light up the cyclists and make him/her more visible. You can help us by giving us qualitative feedback on the backpack or just tell us what features you would like to add to the commute backpack! Since this is still at the prototyping stage, we can make incorporate your wish-list!

Thanks and I look forward to your feedback.
Gandharv

ninja banners for web-02.jpg
ninja banners for web-03.jpg
ninja banners for web-04.jpg
ninja banners for web-05.jpg

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Do you also have a Kickstarter campaign?
In addition to designing your product I'd love a chance to finance it as well!

Sep 9, 2015
Do you also have a Kickstarter campaign?
In addition to designing your product I'd love a chance to finance it as well!
Hi Dan-o,
Thanks for your reply. I hope this means that you like it :) . Do tell us what else we can build in! As for the Kickstarter, not yet. The Kickstarter campaign is itself planned in January. Currently, we are collecting feedback so we can finally launch a kick-ass Commuter backpack! I'll post the Kickstarter date as we get closer to it!

Thanks again for taking time out to reply to this!
Gandharv

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well, it does fit a 3L Hydration bladder, where you can put in your liquor! Why waste taking out the can - just use the bladder! The rest of the bag should carry 6L additionally - would that suffice? :)
i'll have to stop to refuel on liquor at some point, i really just need a trailer carrying a barrel of booze.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I didn't even notice that illuminated bike logo in the last picture. IF that is one of the main safety features it should be MUCH more obvious and bright. Include a padded sleeve for a 15" laptop, and an easy reach external holster (just for a simple .45, nothing crazy!)

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
That's a great point Nick.
Maybe surround the bike graphic with this to enhance visibility:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Expandable stowage and room for locks?

When I travel to work I usually find myself packing work clothes, lock, keys, wallet, phone, ipad, bike pump, and that's at a minimum. If I want to bring anything else, it's nice to have a little extra space.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Expandable stowage and room for locks?

When I travel to work I usually find myself packing work clothes, lock, keys, wallet, phone, ipad, bike pump, and that's at a minimum. If I want to bring anything else, it's nice to have a little extra space.
Keister it.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The whole pack doesn't need to be waterproof. If it had a waterproof sleeve that would be better. The ability to clean the interior without ruining the pack or its structure. Shoulder Straps on the pack which secure to the pack in more then 4 points and adjustable with a secure fastening system for each point. A pack made for someone who isn't of a Athletic build. I have a belly and as such I need strap room sometimes... The ability to remove padding at pressure points that can be replaced as it wears out and for cleaning. Repairable exterior webbing because I crash and catch stuff on branches and shit. A food pouch so that if you spill food it doesn't contaminate your whole pack. Passive Reflective piping option instead of the loud bike graphic.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I just made a spaghetti sandwich. I'd never heard of such a thing. But I was hungry and had left over noodles, left over spaghetti meat sauce, and low and behold the noodle to sauce ratio was off. So, I put it on a bun. Spaghetti sandwich.

Sometimes I amaze myself with how smart I can be.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I just made a spaghetti sandwich. I'd never heard of such a thing. But I was hungry and had left over noodles, left over spaghetti meat sauce, and low and behold the noodle to sauce ratio was off. So, I put it on a bun. Spaghetti sandwich.

Sometimes I amaze myself with how smart I can be.
the other weekend i used BBQ sauce on my spaghetti because i was out of spaghetti sauce. next time I'll put it in a burrito wrap too.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I am a fan of the flashing red light. Lots of bright, flashing red lights. Also, a high pocket to put the battery for my headlamp.

I'd like to see any pack that provides good readily accessible storage for tools and spares.
  1. Separate from other compartments
  2. Readily accessible
  3. Pump holder; should be fashioned to catch all the small bits when the damn pump unscrews itself over time.
  4. Watertight with drain hole at bottom; keep that Crank Bros multi-tool from rusting out in a week
Some kind of storage that keeps work clothes presentable when riding is miserable

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Can you make the backpack with just one strap ? Two straps is just too confusing and often dangerous as it could lead to asphyxiation by strangulation. You're going to need a team of good lawyers to fend of the multiple lawsuits.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I'd like to see any pack that provides good readily accessible storage for tools and spares.
  1. Separate from other compartments
  2. Readily accessible
  3. Pump holder; should be fashioned to catch all the small bits when the damn pump unscrews itself over time.
  4. Watertight with drain hole at bottom; keep that Crank Bros multi-tool from rusting out in a week
Some kind of storage that keeps work clothes presentable when riding is miserable
... and portable shower.
Also, picking the right name is incredibly important. How about "speedy sack"?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Can you make the backpack with just one strap ? Two straps is just too confusing and often dangerous as it could lead to asphyxiation by strangulation. You're going to need a team of good lawyers to fend of the multiple lawsuits.
I thought it was possible that might only happen to me. I am glad it is not....

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
A bladder isn't necessary. Who the hell wants to deal with cleaning/maintaining a bladder when you sip a few ounces each way. Not to mention there is always the potential for a leak to ruin the other valuable shit in the pack.
2nd that, if I need liquid refreshment I'll bring my flask.

Sep 9, 2015
I didn't even notice that illuminated bike logo in the last picture. IF that is one of the main safety features it should be MUCH more obvious and bright. Include a padded sleeve for a 15" laptop, and an easy reach external holster (just for a simple .45, nothing crazy!)
Hi Nick,
Thanks for your feedback. Will take your fedback. We are building 2 bags - one with larger lit up area and another with the cycle logo. But will work on the prominense of it. One idea was to make it a brighter red light, but it seems to spoil the looks!
IMG-20151125-WA0011.jpg

Sep 9, 2015
haha, Though it all comes down to one question - how long has the hooker been dead? I think , if it is longer than 6 months, it should make it easier (depending on the size of the hooker). If it is longer than 2 years, then we are in business even with a 6L bag!
6 liters is pretty small to stuff a whole hooker into, even if you use a blender.