Quantcast

Help!

markland

Chimp
Jun 16, 2008
Hi im considering buying this bike http://www.diamondback.co.uk/bikedetails.aspx?ID=4759
but my local bikeshop is offering it for £150 as its ex display and has a slight scratch which i could easy touch up.
Its the same as the spec on that link ive given except it has Suntour XCR forks which ive read are better than the RST Gila Pro.
I like the bike but am wondering if anyone has one or has riden one, its has 24 gears, is this bad for riding around forests/ not too hard downhill and doing some basic jumps?.
I could easily get some marzocchi dirt jumpers for about £100 to really make it decent i think.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
150 squids ain't a bad price for nearly any bike.
It's certainly not top of the range, but it doesn't sound like you are needing top of the range just yet.
I say go for it, see if you enjoy the sport and a year or so down the line you can look into getting something better...
Enjoy your bike!

markland

Chimp
Jun 16, 2008
just phoned to see if they still have it and they do and i asked them how it is for basic jumps and general riding and they told me its not strong enough and too small for me, im 6ft 2 and 160lbs, dirt frames dont go too much bigger than 14 inch ive noticed.

markland

Chimp
Jun 16, 2008
it cant be that bad of a bike for a first timer, he said everythings not strong enough, it cant be that weak, i have a diamondback hardtail mountain bike and that can take a bashing and do downhill without problem except its crap really for it.