Quantcast

Hemorrhoid seat

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Never ride on a coda seat!
I just wasted the best afternoon this week at the doc getting my ass checked.
I've got a hemorrhoid becasue of my seat and riding 2-3 hours a day it sucks.

I'm pissed tomorrow i'm going to dump a shlt load of cash on a really good seat what should i get that doesn't give you ass problems.:eek: :devil:

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
No it's the seats fault for cause the blood to stop flowing and making a clot in the vein causing it to expand.
Evil seat arggh:mad:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I have a Flite TT and a Flyte Gel plus Pro Link Gels on my MTBS. All of the seats work for me but my ass has been on a bike regular for 25 years or better...

It is possible that your saddle is not positioned propery for the way you ride. Before you go dropping bucks on a new one I would experiment with slightly different positions.

My favorite saddles for speed are rock hard with little padding, they only bother me in the soft tissue area between the boys and the hole, I only use my ridgid saddle if I feel the urge to race.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
I have been trying different positions for the whole time i've had it and i read reveiws of it everyone says it's a toture divise. I agree.
Have you tryed XO for MTB

gtbike

Chimp
Nov 3, 2001
I live in Surprise, Arizona
I use a SDG Comp seat is pretty hard. I wear padde shorts and use medicated powder to keep moisture low. I have no-assatal syndrome and with this combohave no problems. Also seating positioning is real important.

Phreaddy

Chimp
Jul 5, 2001
New York City
Originally posted by JMAC
No it's the seats fault for cause the blood to stop flowing and making a clot in the vein causing it to expand.
Evil seat arggh:mad:
Pardon the pun, but your proctologist is full of crap. You burst the blood vessel, probably from too big a load coming through in your morning constitutional. The problem may not have been apparent to you for hours, even a day. Sitting on a bike seat wouldn't do it, because the vessels you're sitting on on the saddle are not the same ones where you just got 'rhoids.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I don't know if the seat caused the 'rroids or not, but if you DO bu a new seat, simple spending a "sh@#load of money" isn't going to improve the issue. The cost of a seat has little or nothing to do with comfort and performance. and Other folks opinion of a comfy seat won't do you a lick of good.

Everyone's crotch is shaped differently so you need to try seats out IN PERSON to find one that works. So go to the shop, and sit on as many seats as you can. When you find one that's really comfy WHILE PEDALLING buy that seat. Theywon't let you mount every seat they have but you can try the ones that are already on their bikes...

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Originally posted by ohio
I don't know if the seat caused the 'rroids or not, but if you DO bu a new seat, simple spending a "sh@#load of money" isn't going to improve the issue. The cost of a seat has little or nothing to do with comfort and performance. and Other folks opinion of a comfy seat won't do you a lick of good.

Everyone's crotch is shaped differently so you need to try seats out IN PERSON to find one that works. So go to the shop, and sit on as many seats as you can. When you find one that's really comfy WHILE PEDALLING buy that seat. Theywon't let you mount every seat they have but you can try the ones that are already on their bikes...
Ahhhh. Sage advice!

I've had good luck with WTB saddles.

zibbler

Monkey
Originally posted by spincrazy

I've had good luck with WTB saddles.
I have a WTB Speed She on my old bike, and I liked it well enough. Hubby has the men's version (Speed V) on his bike, and he likes it.

I have the Italia Flite Gelflow on my new bike, but I think I like the WTB better. I dunno, maybe I just need to break it in more?

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Originally posted by Phreaddy

Pardon the pun, but your proctologist is full of crap. You burst the blood vessel, probably from too big a load coming through in your morning constitutional. The problem may not have been apparent to you for hours, even a day. Sitting on a bike seat wouldn't do it, because the vessels you're sitting on on the saddle are not the same ones where you just got 'rhoids.
You couldn't be more wrong there's actually different kinds of hemmerhoids trying tp push to big of a log through is the most common kind but this kind is cause by a blood clot.
My doc is also a mountain biker so i think he knows what he's talking about.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
I just got my new seat i went to a good shop that has lots of seats and the guy mounted and adjusted each seat i wanted a road bike on a trainer and let me ride it. I tryed a few and the most comfy was actually not the cussy ones but a Sella Italia Flite with Titanium rails very comfy makes me want to ride more.:D :p

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I just got my new seat i went to a good shop that has lots of seats and the guy mounted and adjusted each seat i wanted a road bike on a trainer and let me ride it. I tryed a few and the most comfy was actually not the cussy ones but a Sella Italia Flite with Titanium rails very comfy makes me want to ride more.:D :p
Smart man. You'll be happy you took the time to do this 10 miles into your next ride.

The original flites are great. They seem to fit a ton of people really well and are still one of the lightest saddles on the market.

I'm still searching for a saddle... running a bontrager and a WTB Speed V and neither of them fit well. If anyone has one of the first generation Body Geometry Comps, I'll buy it.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
i quess you just have a weird BUTT
Ohio try an Avocat O2 seat it just might fit you i have a hunch.:D

LostBoyScout

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Vancouver BC
This is the saddle you need.

WTB Rocket V Laser

I haven't actually ridden one but several guys I know who are very picky about saddles says this one rocks. Super soft contact points, and is just really comfortable and easy on the junk.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Never ride on a coda seat!
I just wasted the best afternoon this week at the doc getting my ass checked.
I've got a hemorrhoid becasue of my seat and riding 2-3 hours a day it sucks.

I'm pissed tomorrow i'm going to dump a shlt load of cash on a really good seat what should i get that doesn't give you ass problems.:eek: :devil:
having great luck with the WTB V series. Very comfy. Speed V, Laser V, Rocket V (heaviest/fattest to lightest/thinnest).

- JB