Quantcast

Here's to Monday

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
It's on top of Tumalo Mountain here in Bend. Snowshoe up, and you can snowboard down the backcountry bowl. It's about an hour and a half hike up I think...didn't clock it. I know the peak is 7,775 - across the street from Mt. Bachelor. It was awesome up there.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
You suck.

I saw the title and thought of that Eve 6 song... "Here's to the nights...blah blah blah one night stand blah blah"

J

JRB

Heidi said:

Huh??? Kidding - keep posting so we can live vicariously through you. Hell, we even get to pretend we are fast doing that. :thumb:

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
This is the first time I've been snowshoeing - it was great fun. This mountain isn't open to biking so I'd never been up there.

Here is Mt. Bachelor which is across the street.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
nice...... :D
i've been thinking for years of getting some snowshoes and doing some snow hiking in the winter since i don't snowboard or ski......

There was a picture at Costco i wanted to get but it was 115 bucks... Anyways it's an ariel panorama of low clouds and Mt. Rainier in the foreground. Of course you can see Adams and St. Helens But you can see Mt. Hood and Mt. Bachelor waaaay off in the distance..... so cool......

Do people climb Mt. Bachelor? What a view that would be....

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Skookum said:
Do people climb Mt. Bachelor? What a view that would be....
You can, but you need to do it early morning before the lifts open, or early season when the lifts aren't open. It wouldn't be safe really to do it any other time because you'd be compromising your life. hehehe

The three Sisters mountains just North from Bend are my next adventure - those are all above 10,000' and the view has got to rock since they are more North. :thumb:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Heidi said:
The three Sisters mountains just North from Bend are my next adventure - those are all above 10,000' and the view has got to rock since they are more North. :thumb:
There's just something very special about climbing on mountains whether they be small or large.

I Are Baboon said:
Agreed!! :dancing:

According to Jollytime, there are some great places to go snowshoeing in the Kingdom neck of the woods. :)
We better watch out we may start a new Snowshoeing forum on here.... :p

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
I Are Baboon said:
Agreed!! :dancing:

According to Jollytime, there are some great places to go snowshoeing in the Kingdom neck of the woods. :)
According to me, there's some great places to go snowshoeing right here in CT! Lamentation Mtn (aka the Boneyard) is a good tough climb with a great view from the top. Then there's Bald Mtn in Ellington (Sopastone) - also a long trudge up.