Quantcast

Hey Cooter

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Why don't you guys go somewhere, get a beer, and start cryin' into it about the Good Ol' Days. :rolleyes: ;)

Speaking of tilling the earth - I'm finally starting to get tomatoes from my vines..... it's about damn time.

-S.S.-

J

JRB

Cooter Brown said:
ya'll sowing wheat down there or something??

or is it corn harvest time?
Corn is all out. They should be sowing wheat in the next month. Oats should be up pretty well right now. Lots of hay being cut. They have cut a lot this summer. Plenty of rain. Tons of cow trucks on the road I see. I guess everyone down south held summer steers late this year. I see 10 or 20 a day on the interstate. When I see them on I-35, it seems that they are going to Kansas.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
Why don't you guys go somewhere, get a beer, and start cryin' into it about the Good Ol' Days. :rolleyes: ;)

Speaking of tilling the earth - I'm finally starting to get tomatoes from my vines..... it's about damn time.

-S.S.-

Good job on the tomatoes bro. Don't tell me you are a hippy and gettin all organic on them and what not.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
loco-gringo said:
Corn is all out. They should be sowing wheat in the next month. Oats should be up pretty well right now. Lots of hay being cut. They have cut a lot this summer. Plenty of rain. Tons of cow trucks on the road I see. I guess everyone down south held summer steers late this year. I see 10 or 20 a day on the interstate. When I see them on I-35, it seems that they are going to Kansas.

yep, prolly shipping them up to the feedlots in western kansas. I don't really know what the cattle market's like, I haven't read a High Plains Journal or been to a sale in so long it's not even funny

my dad got several good cuttings off of his alfalfa fields this summer as well

J

JRB

Cooter Brown said:
yep, prolly shipping them up to the feedlots in western kansas. I don't really know what the cattle market's like, I haven't read a High Plains Journal or been to a sale in so long it's not even funny

my dad got several good cuttings off of his alfalfa fields this summer as well

Saw my first alfalfa cuttings when we went to Ft Davis a few weeks ago. No idea what the market is. :think: