Quantcast

Hey Everybody It’s Sa Turd ay.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
My 5K race this morning was a fucking disaster. My legs were too damn tired and I was sucking wind really bad. A cop directing runners sent the first six of us the wrong way, so I had run run an extra quarter mile to get back on course and 25 or so people passed me. I was able to pass them all again though and I finished 4th place overall. A slow-for-me 6:38 pace...I should be around 6:00 pace for a 5K. It doesn't even feel like I ran now. I've got another one next weekend and there is prize money at stake, so I am happy to get the bad one out of my system now.
you did your best, Babs. :patsak:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Got an email from someone at work asking for some help on a machine problem. A bunch of experts replied with a few half baked ideas with a request for funding to have them go research the problem. I spent a rainy afternoon responding with a detailed mathematical explanation of why their ideas will not work including mocking them with memes, then threw out two proposed ideas of my own. One a request for funding to go research a viable solution with a good mathematical explanation of why it would work. The other showing them how to simply turn on a free feature already in the control system that does what I had proposed as a solution. Quite frankly I think it is some of my best work.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Got an email from someone at work asking for some help on a machine problem. A bunch of experts replied with a few half baked ideas with a request for funding to have them go research the problem. I spent a rainy afternoon responding with a detailed mathematical explanation of why their ideas will not work including mocking them with memes, then threw out two proposed ideas of my own. One a request for funding to go research a viable solution with a good mathematical explanation of why it would work. The other showing them how to simply turn on a free feature already in the control system that does what I had proposed as a solution. Quite frankly I think it is some of my best work.
randomly turn that feature off every couple of months for shits and giggles.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
It's stopped and lots of melting going on despite still being overcast. If it was sunny it would all be gone.

Slightly cooler than last years oven then?
Instead of 80-90 degrees, 30-50 and rain, some sleet reported, optimal for cold weather warriors. Only my forearms got cold at one point.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Espresso machine is old, and wasn't really working well. Turned it on its side and noticed that the metal perforated disk where the water comes into contact with the coffee looked partially plugged. Took it off, hit it with an electric tooth brush which cleaned out the pores. Reassembled the unit, ran water through then made espresso.
I do the disc clean at every descale.