Quantcast

Hey it's Friday! I'm not working.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Flying to Texas. Turns out Haley is scared of the start hill. Otherwise fun day at the BMX track.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

FTS Friday, yay. So I gots all my softwares installed, then I find out I actually need local admin rights. So another request yesterday that has since been approved, just waiting for them to flip the bit. Maybe by Tuesday I can do stuff. :rofl:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Some kind of teacher work day today. Somehow, I got stuck with not only my own fleshy spawn, but somebody else's as well. How do people with multiple kids even do it? I've been up for barley an hour trying to wrangle these kids for an 8:30 dentist appointment and I already want to step in front of a moving train. :panic:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
WOOOO FRIDAY. And holy fuck balls peoples, the weather looks to be AWESOME this weekend!

I really need to sleep more....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning!

Rain today, snow tomorrow. Perfect weather to sit outside on the ground working on cars. :thumb:

Lunch with the new guy today. He asked and I felt bad saying NFW, so there's that.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
No work today, got the giant dildo installed on my car. Gonna go hit some trails soon.

Get back
Clean my car out
Pack for camping
Laundry
Dishes

EDIT:
Well, damn. My life has been a lie.
Screenshot_20180420-064614.jpg

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Dropped off the rental land boat, Ubered to work. Dude's Focus had CEL on (supposedly capless gas filler flap leak) and, true to Ford's form, he'd had all manner of problems with the DCT. Now Matlab-ing for a few hours and on clinical service this afternoon.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
FTS. Been dealing with dperession all week. :/
A hike to Royal Arch & some apres thai last night helped lots.

In other news...
Funny shit I hear at work...
"Ima' ride you like a wheelchair!!"

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
:wave:

Some kind of teacher work day today. Somehow, I got stuck with not only my own fleshy spawn, but somebody else's as well. How do people with multiple kids even do it? I've been up for barley an hour trying to wrangle these kids for an 8:30 dentist appointment and I already want to step in front of a moving train. :panic:
This is how I approach it:

It doesn't work, generally, but it makes me feel better.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Had too much coffee too late. Ended up not falling asleep till 8am only after medicating myself with beer (no sleep medicine in the house). Woke up at 12am with hangover (after 2 small beers). My body is really angry at me. I don't know why.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
New Sleep album is out today.
It is also 420 brah.....

And It is New Bike Day. Frame and fork are showing up at my lbs today. So tonight I can listen to Sleep, build up my bike and then find my way to space.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
It’s sunny, got the day off, and headed to Stumpfest in Portland for some Metal and good times! (Maybe even some bik riding).

...AND the new Sleep album?! I had no clue! I heard Yob has a new tune outteasing their new one, haven’t heard that yet, either.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Just fucking great. Dispensary will be a shitshow. :mad:
You still shop at dispensaries?

Picked up a zip of shatter from a grower-buddy yesterday & some chemdawg #4 & deathstar from another grower pal. on the cheap & garunteed no nasty pesticides, mites, or other nasties the comercial shit has.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
And halt. Just got an email "the workstation requested is not assigned to you in the asset database. Please follow the following instructions to submit a request to update the database and resubmit this request once confirmed."

So almost 3 hours into my day and my admin request is now resubmitted. So Tuesday is still looking like a possibility.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
You still shop at dispensaries?

Picked up a zip of shatter from a grower-buddy yesterday & some chemdawg #4 & deathstar from another grower pal. on the cheap & garunteed no nasty pesticides, mites, or other nasties the comercial shit has.
Dude - I don't smoke/vape. Just edibles.

I mean, except a couple times a year when I'm with smoker-buddies on "holiday"...

But yeah - I still go to a local disp. Yah fucking smug bastid. :D

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Dude - I don't smoke/vape. Just edibles.

I mean, except a couple times a year when I'm with smoker-buddies on "holiday"...

But yeah - I still go to a local disp. Yah fucking smug bastid. :D
cant deny the edibles being bad ass at dispensaries. Much prefer the manufactured stuff to the homemade stuff that gets you way too bombed.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Bought my lady a 7 speed Schwinn cruiser. Will strip the paint and go pearl white scallops over candy purple.

Haven't decided if I will swap out the drivetrain for something nicer yet. Seller said it's never been ridden other than a test ride. I figured $60 for the bike, $10 for paint, and maybe $40 for SRAM X3 gear is worth a little effort if she will ride it.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Bought my lady a 7 speed Schwinn cruiser. Will strip the paint and go pearl white scallops over candy purple.

Haven't decided if I will swap out the drivetrain for something nicer yet. Seller said it's never been ridden other than a test ride. I figured $60 for the bike, $10 for paint, and maybe $40 for SRAM X3 gear is worth a little effort if she will ride it.
My lady wants/needs a bike this summer too. Wondering if its wrong to give her one an ex left with me when she moved to VT? :think:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
not falling asleep till 8am only after medicating myself with beer (no sleep medicine in the house). Woke up at 12am
Well according to this, you slept for 16 hours. Only @I Are Baboon can do that sort of thing and survive. :busted:

Just fucking great. Dispensary will be a shitshow. :mad:
No online ordering? I can order it online and have it delivered like a freakin' pizza within an hour or two. Unlike pizza dude, they even notify when they're on the way with an ETA and when they arrive. What a world we live in these days. :brows:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
No online ordering? I can order it online and have it delivered like a freakin' pizza within an hour or two. Unlike pizza dude, they even notify when they're on the way with an ETA and when they arrive. What a world we live in these days. :brows:
I just noticed a shop here does online orders with text confirmation for pickup.

I know it's only a matter of time until they combine food/treat delivery.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So we figured out our son has been stealing cash from my wife's wallet today. She's been missing cash of the past week or so. This morning I was looking for his rain pants and saw his pencil case in his school bag. I figured I'd have a peek inside. $80 cash. :rant:. He's been coming home this week with fancy Pokemon cards he said his friends gave him. fucking Pokemon cards?!?! Pokemon?!?

He's lucky today is 420 and he's going to be faced with a mellow papa :drag: . (not so sure about mama though :butcher:)

This isn't a chronic issue (yet), but I guess it's a good opportunity to talk about trust, honesty, hard work, and value. I guess we can offer him to earn money through chores if he feels he wants/needs money for stuff.

this a day after I woke up in the middle of the night to change his sheets caus' he fucking pissed in them again at night. Sometimes parenting sure can feel like :bonk:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So we figured out our son has been stealing cash from my wife's wallet today. She's been missing cash of the past week or so. This morning I was looking for his rain pants and saw his pencil case in his school bag. I figured I'd have a peek inside. $80 cash. :rant:. He's been coming home this week with fancy Pokemon cards he said his friends gave him. fucking Pokemon cards?!?! Pokemon?!?

He's lucky today is 420 and he's going to be faced with a mellow papa :drag: . (not so sure about mama though :butcher:)

This isn't a chronic issue (yet), but I guess it's a good opportunity to talk about trust, honesty, hard work, and value. I guess we can offer him to earn money through chores if he feels he wants/needs money for stuff.

this a day after I woke up in the middle of the night to change his sheets caus' he fucking pissed in them again at night. Sometimes parenting sure can feel like :bonk:
sentence him to Monday Night Rehab

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! 4200 yard swim done before work. That is 2.4 miles. On days like this, I can't seem to throw enough food down my pie hole, and I already have a bottomless pit for a stomach as it is.

Well according to this, you slept for 16 hours. Only @I Are Baboon can do that sort of thing and survive. :busted:
If sleeping was a sport, I'd be a fucking Olympic gold medalist.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Just hope he doesn't do it at 32.