Quantcast

Hey it's Monday! FTS

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
[trump] just look at the stock marke .... oh, nvmd [/trump]
My former employer and similar retailers are very concerned about Amazon's success; the transaction fee based business model does not make sense to those schooled on profit statements. Many are convinced that Amazon gets better shipping rates than most businesses when they don't.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I don't know what you're talking about. I just like roller coasters...:rolleyes:
[trump] just look at the stock marke .... oh, nvmd [/trump]
My former employer and similar retailers are very concerned about Amazon's success; the transaction fee based business model does not make sense to those schooled on profit statements. Many are convinced that Amazon gets better shipping rates than most businesses when they don't.
A friend of mine here in town runs a "small" fencing company. The sort of "small business is the backbone of the American economy" small business, or some shit. He was over last week, said his suppliers have already marked up everything made of metal an additional 25%. Because we Are Great Again.

Took a ride on my trails across the stream, or what's left of them after the wind storm October 30th. Removed yet more blowdown, then did some more riding around on no trails a-tall, humping over blowdown, skirting wet spots, bouncing off trees with my shoulders. More like observed trials than broduro...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
A friend of mine here in town runs a "small" fencing company. The sort of "small business is the backbone of the American economy" small business, or some shit. He was over last week, said his suppliers have already marked up everything made of metal an additional 25%. Because we Are Great Again.
Steel pricing for Wifey's company's next project just spiked 25%. This is a large residential development where it's needed.
This takes safe (yet still risky investments) and makes them fucking risky for investors. Fuck this shit.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got my roller skate of a car muddier than most jeeps will ever get tonight. Was pretty close to getting stuck, though. Luckily the winter tires found some grip in the peanut butter.

Just rented a Giant Trance 2 in Santa Cruz for Saturday. Therefore it will rain like hell that day...

The rental process through Bicycle Trip Santa Cruz sucked - I'm used to calling shop, discussing what I want and what they have, and making a selection. Called BTSC, played phone tag, woman said to use web site, Selection was limited, no detailed description of bikes, pricing was reasonable, web site was klunky as fuck.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Selection was limited, no detailed description of bikes, pricing was reasonable, web site was klunky as fuck
At least you get to get someone elses bike dirty!! It never rains here any more. How did you manage to get a rainy day to ride on lol. The UCSC trails are good even in the rain so you should be fine.

Also. I told you to book that shit in advance :shakefist:. Especially on a Saturday, especially during spring break. Pro tip, the Juliana bikes are the same as the SC bike just with different collorways so you can always try booking those if other bikes aren't available.

Don't skip the Soquel Demo forest while you are out there. As much as people poo poo on flow trails around here the Demo Flow Trail is fucking incredible. Almost 3 miles of jumps rolls and berms with so much speed you'll shit your pants and hit the sissy levers long before you actually max out the trail.

PS My ass is sweating in my office chair. California has skipped spring and gone to summer.

At least you get to get someone elses bike dirty!! It never rains here any more. How did you manage to get a rainy day to ride on lol. The UCSC trails are good even in the rain so you should be fine.

Also. I told you to book that shit in advance :shakefist:. Especially on a Saturday, especially during spring break. Pro tip, the Juliana bikes are the same as the SC bike just with different collorways so you can always try booking those if other bikes aren't available.

Don't skip the Soquel Demo forest while you are out there. As much as people poo poo on flow trails around here the Demo Flow Trail is fucking incredible. Almost 3 miles of jumps rolls and berms with so much speed you'll shit your pants and hit the sissy levers long before you actually max out the trail.

PS My ass is sweating in my office chair. California has skipped spring and gone to summer.
Soquel's where I'm planning to ride.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
For anyone paying attention to my current saga... Wife is on short term disability for at least a month as of today. Taking kids to deleware tomorrow to see a neurologist.

Edit: as of Friday we have retained a personal injury attorney

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Soquel's where I'm planning to ride.
Don't tell the homies at the factory demo. They don't want you taking the bikes up there cause it will usually take you waaaaay more than 4 hours to get back. It's probably an hour drive each way from the factory and the ride that includes the flow trail is long.

For anyone paying attention to my current saga...
Dafuq happened? Are there Cliff Notes?

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
spent most of today prepping for a 3 night family camping trip to hot springs, nc. thrilling.

also gonna have to get wifey a new car when we get back. i won't start a thread. it’s pilot vs. highlander.

gonna need some bike and beer time pronto after we get back on friday.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
spent most of today prepping for a 3 night family camping trip to hot springs, nc. thrilling.

also gonna have to get wifey a new car when we get back. i won't start a thread. it’s pilot vs. highlander.

Alpha Stelvio for the lulz

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Pilot has awful room behind the 3rd row from what I’ve seen—two neighbors have one, and one wants to trade in for a minivan. Hard to imagine the Highlander would be even skimpier.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Did they melt your cooler too? DICKS
They destroyed that old red one that was holding spare screws and stuff. Bunch of other random destructive stuff like brapping in our berms. These dipshits should be shit mixed and then euthanized.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Dafuq happened? Are there Cliff Notes?
About 11 days ago wife was on way to work/daycare for the kids. Bad car accident. Other driver 100% at fault, also had provisional license. Car totalled. Wife has concussion, whiplash. Kids possible/probable concussions as well.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
About 11 days ago wife was on way to work/daycare for the kids. Bad car accident. Other driver 100% at fault, also had provisional license. Car totalled. Wife has concussion, whiplash. Kids possible/probable concussions as well.
Doood, no bueno.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Evening Monkey.

Started the new gig last Wednesday, still getting access and rights sorted out. I have a temp badge, temp computer, and nobody is ever in the damn office. This could be cool, guess we will see.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
That sucks a lot. Sounds like a hell of an accident. Hope everyone heals up well and quickly.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
For anyone paying attention to my current saga... Wife is on short term disability for at least a month as of today. Taking kids to deleware tomorrow to see a neurologist.

Sorry to hear, hope they'll be fine soon.

Rode a little this evening. Dirt is of the hero parameters, but still too much down fall crap on trails. Since I've heard they extended the mud ban (with 99% dry trails) for bikes until mid-April, I am not going to be spending any effort cleaning it until I am allowed. Fuck the oppression.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
FUCK...

COMPUTERS...

SIDEWAYS...

WITH...

A...

GODDAM...

CHAINSAW...

:mad:
the way I see it, careers are like children... you choose to have them :D SIUP :D :D

hoooly fack. damn, that really sucks. are the kids having symptoms, or is it purely investigative? that's pretty close to a worst nightmare scenario... sorry you're having to deal with that shit.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
reminds me of that wooden coaster "the grizzly" at kings dominion in virginia...
MOAR

Grizzly at Kings Dominion has two other clones; one here in Toronto at Canada's Wonderland and another in California.

All of which were modeled after Wildcat at Coney Island. :nerd: