Quantcast

Hey! It's Saturday!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey decided she wants me to paint the master bedroom before the carpet goes in. Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
WOOO SATURRRRDAY

Off to a great start, went to go make some eggs and found that they expired back on the 19th. Oops.

Pounding back some coffee and a salad. Going riding before the rain hits.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Wifey decided she wants me to paint the master bedroom before the carpet goes in. Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend.
Drinking beers, riding bikes and hiding out in the shed?

Good morning. Nothing interesting to report.

EDIT: Tea sweetened with honey is way better than tea sweetened with regular sugar.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Watching the sun come up from my camper and drinking espresso. The first competitors have arrived and are unloading their horses. The ranch crew is just finishing up doing the tractor work on the arenas. Almost time for me to set up the first aid station ( ok, so that will only take ten minutes :rofl:). It's a rough job getting paid $30 an hour to watch women ride horses but someone has to do it :rockout:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Fuck am I exhausted after a week of holiday.

And today we're biking into Zion to hike the Observation Point trail which is some shit like 8 miles and some stupid elevation gain.

Oh - and if you're ever in Zion, take the quick-ish trip to the Kolob Canyon section.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Me: Hey! It's a nice weekend. Let's go do something fun!
Wifey: How about you paint the master bedroom before the carpet is installed?
Me: Well that sounds giddy.
Wifey: Great. The girls and I will go do Easter stuff. Have fun.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Should have tried to play it off as a family bonding activity and had them help. Its not often you can use child labor.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Wife woke up feeling ill. We are letting her have another snooze before we check out and head home. I’m going to veto future Snow Mountain Ranch Y trips—a little too rustic for me.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Blast off a quick coat of paint and go riding?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Tried skiing on total wind-fucked refrozen crap and breakable crust, crashed twice. I shoulda waited until the afternoon when the sun warmed everything. Day 2 with doggo .. long walk, coming up.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Should have tried to play it off as a family bonding activity and had them help. Its not often you can use child labor.
dude. you obviously don’t have kids. it would be twice as sloppy and take four times as long @stoney is forgetting to count it as a blessing when someone takes his kids amd leaves him in peace, no matter what he’s doing.

Tried skiing on total wind-fucked refrozen crap and breakable crust, crashed twice. I shoulda waited until the afternoon when the sun warmed everything. Day 2 with doggo .. long walk, coming up.
you get a dog, or dogsitting?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
dude. you obviously don’t have kids. it would be twice as sloppy and take four times as long @stoney is forgetting to count it as a blessing when someone takes his kids amd leaves him in peace, no matter what he’s doing.
I have already painted the main floor with vaulted 30' ceiling and two kids bedrooms on this floor. I'm over this shit. Also I have Hannah while Wifey gets her haircut, which I was not aware of. Still taping currently when I should be almost done with first coat because of which.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I had a swift 10 mile run. I was going to go for a bike ride too but I hit the couch and promptly slept for 90 minutes. Now I don't have enough time before Passover Seder begins. Oh well. I think I'll go eat something.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
As of now I am the only human in this household who hasn’t recently spewed forth from one end or both. So much puke stained laundry...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Waiting for dusk-ish to do the single track loop around Page, along with a mile or two of extra credit slickrock overlooking lake Powell. I'll try not to fall in or get a bottle thrown at me by a drunken Navajo. (Not racist, just realist). They actually are pretty non confrontational. Now the Hopi and Apache, OTOH...glad I learned 30 years ago not to try and camp or ride on Rez land without written permission...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Biking Zion seems to be the way to go...
I would like to subscribe to your newsletter, but isn't Zip off-limits to bikes?

Busy day. Yahd wohk, some more yahd wohk, drained oil off snow blower, rode a short loop on first Spring dirt and wrapped up March with only a little over 100 miles. Cooked and ate some "home Thai", now a smoked pork shoulder is in the oven. This is my 6th day sans le booze, brain feels a bit sharper but looking forward to a G&T next week.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I would like to subscribe to your newsletter, but isn't Zip off-limits to bikes?
Nay - the valley road is closed to vehicles, but bikey is a-ok. Bike racks at every shuttle stop too.

This is my 6th day sans le booze, brain feels a bit sharper but looking forward to a G&T next week.
Funny - wife and I have been off the sauce all week as well. Really looking forward to some G&Ts tomorrow.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Raced the Merry Marmot XC/Uphill race this morning at Arctic Valley ski area, won the race. Raced the DH, got third. Several of the other top riders gave me the free lift ticket vouchers they won. Then I went out and got a few laps in on the skis with one of the passes I won from the last year when I won both races. Now I'm going to go do an super-DH evening ride with some friends during the sunset, last day to ride this particular trail, the season ends tonight at midnight and no bikes allowed in summer. So far, it's not a bad day...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have already painted the main floor with vaulted 30' ceiling and two kids bedrooms on this floor. I'm over this shit. Also I have Hannah while Wifey gets her haircut, which I was not aware of. Still taping currently when I should be almost done with first coat because of which.
And she will complain when it's not done this weekend.

Pay someone else to do it, go riding.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And she will complain when it's not done this weekend.

Pay someone else to do it, go riding.
First coat done. 3 hours paint time- big room lots of windows.

I got 5 gallons of a light grey she had previously chosen, intending on doing the master, office, guest bedroom, and basement bedroom. Wifey saw it and said too light after I had done about 5ft of ceiling edging. One HD trip and me telling her she got a color too dark, we have a lavender-grey master that is getting a second coat in the morning. She walked in after I had painted about half, said "don't say anything" and walked back out.

The light grey will likely still be used for the office and basement, because they are darker and less well lit. The remaining gallons of lavender-grey will likely go into the guest bedroom and dining room when she decides to have me repaint the main floor because it's currently too light.