Quantcast

Hey! It's Wednesday!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Lots of noise from M is hopefully just a loose exhaust manifold. I'll find out when I can get it up. Otherwise work.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You have to "get it up" before working on the M? Kinky......

Same shit as most days is on my plate for today sigh....
5" ground clearance. Maybe. To get it onto stands, I have to drive it onto 3" ramps, lift the rear up to minimum height on the stands, then lift the front up. Depending on how high it needs to go, I have to go back a forth a few times to lift it up a full 18".

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
kid 1 is acting like a shit to my wife, who's at the end of her rope with a terrible job and long commute. like we needed that right now. Idiot parents are coming with idiot brother to "visit" this weekend, which is going to involve seeing them for approximately 16h before they run into the city to spend more time with my brother than me. I get to see them twice a year and they'll spend more time with my bro than with their grandkids.

you ever feel like you're taking crazy pills? or maybe that you're not, and everybody else is? are other people's families as quietly insane as mine are?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
kid 1 is acting like a shit to my wife, who's at the end of her rope with a terrible job and long commute. like we needed that right now. Idiot parents are coming with idiot brother to "visit" this weekend, which is going to involve seeing them for approximately 16h before they run into the city to spend more time with my brother than me. I get to see them twice a year and they'll spend more time with my bro than with their grandkids.

you ever feel like you're taking crazy pills? or maybe that you're not, and everybody else is? are other people's families as quietly insane as mine are?
I got a multiple paragraph rant on FB from my uncle that was liked by all of my family but my sister and parents about how the "liberuls" are trying to start a civil war and that it needs to be defended against. The only reason my parents didn't is because my dad has extremely high levels of classified access and that shit would make him lose it and because he knows that's antithesis to me. You aren't the only one taking crazy pills

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Today is one of those days that I wish I went to agricultural school or something.

Wake up to phone calls from users in one building reporting network problems. Yep, gee golly would you look at that, 53% packet loss. No issue at other building (accessing the same resources). Call our network provider to report the problem and they basically shrug and say well nothing appears to be wrong TRY IT NOW.

FFS FTS. :banghead:

If I had a beer I'd open it right now, it looks like this will be one those days.

FRIG. Good thing its hike-a-beer Wednesday.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Present.

Managed to snag a Gravity Dropper off eBay yesterday for $45, probably because it was a 30.0 dia and nobody uses that size. I realized after riding the hardtail in Moab that I don't miss the old days of fixed posts and the the saddle speed bagging my nutsack while constantly wondering if you are going OTB through the chunky stuff. So I fixed it.

On the plus side, I forgot how much steel hard tails rock. So here's your reminder. They rock.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
One of those days. Back to back meetings from 7AM to 12:30PM, then moar meetings in the afternoon, also some job hunting activities in the mix, and a final stretch of taxes. I should have been born a happy bear instead.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
5" ground clearance. Maybe. To get it onto stands, I have to drive it onto 3" ramps, lift the rear up to minimum height on the stands, then lift the front up. Depending on how high it needs to go, I have to go back a forth a few times to lift it up a full 18".
Ha, I know your pain. I have angle cut 4x4's I have to drive on to just so I can get a jack under it. A shop with lift, some day...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Speaking of RM running jokes... I think one of my favorites (and probably one of the oldest) is Rick Rolling someone with a link to a nonexistent Hadley Hubs website. I mean, there’s some good ones, but that one... hooboy... kills me Every. Single. Time.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I have about 3 weeks before my project starts, so I told them I should use this time to look at automaton. There are 2 camps here. One says "can't be done, or we would have done it already", other says "automate all the things!!! (but we just have no idea how)". I am waiting until I have more background before jumping on either bandwagon.

My thing is we use a terminal emulator for server interface. The company that makes it uses QTP to test it, so why aren't we?

/nerdrant

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Today is my last day of work until Monday, unless I get called in on Friday for someone else being out sick... which at my workplace is unfortunately too common.

Too bad the day I'm truly free to go skiing is Thursday, pre-storm and post-warm weather.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
Pro-tip: it's a million times easier to simply start taking the crazy-pills than to try to figure this out.

HTH.

<snip>
Too bad the day I'm truly free to go skiing is Thursday, pre-storm and post-warm weather.
ski-all-the-coral-reef.jpg

Last edited:

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
[/QUOTE]you ever feel like you're taking crazy pills? or maybe that you're not, and everybody else is? are other people's families as quietly insane as mine are?[/QUOTE]

Yes. My family is absolutely bonkers. Most distant relatives stay that way. My mom has narcissistic personality disorder, morbid obesity, and doesnt live with the rest of us in reality. Me and one sister run the family buisness while sister two plays on facebook and my dad plays solitaire on the computer. Reports are that hes been playing solitaire everyday at work for 25 years or more. Ive seen him doing it for the past 10. Thankfully mom doesnt come to work, ever.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Do you mean to imply that people get sick, at a hospital?
Usually not the employees, though. Have I mentioned my shitheel co-worker that was out on FMLA for what, 7 or 9 weeks because her able-bodied adult son broke his arm?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Today is my last day of work until Monday, unless I get called in on Friday for someone else being out sick... which at my workplace is unfortunately too common.

I stopped reading opensnow in January... we getting weather this weekend?

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Sitting here eating a goddamned poptart off a subway napkin, realizing I've fallen into the 'editors diet'. The only thing missing is a redbull & a pack of american spirits.
Need to cook up some tasty vittles for the rest of the week tonight methinks.

Weekend is jam packed at this point and now the lady wants to go dancing friday nite. I want to avoid denver so options are limited.

Upslope tonight. :cool:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
<snip>
Yeah, absolutely ridiculous. Details are supposedly still up in the air but we should finally be free of her come October.
Can't they put her out to pasture until retirement? You know, so as to not to continue fucking up the regular work schedules for everyone else?

<snip>
the lady wants to go dancing friday nite. I want to avoid denver so options are limited.
You live near Boulder - they don't have any dancing options? WTF does she want to do? Square dancing? :confused:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Thursday night and Friday during the day. Also weekend after that, supposedly.

Yeah, absolutely ridiculous. Details are supposedly still up in the air but we should finally be free of her come October.
I will take it. We are hitting the Dora this Saturday.

Really want to hop on a snowboard this winter. this weekend may be the time.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I stopped reading opensnow in January... we getting weather this weekend?
Thursday night and Friday during the day. Also weekend after that, supposedly.
Yeah looks like Saturday would be the (weekend) day to ski, but I'm working on the race car that day. Thinking I'mma try and get up Sunday morning for a bit, depending on how warm it gets. Might have touring options, I should look into that. Easier (?) to get up high and stay on north facing slopes when you're the Master of Your Own Domain.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Yeah looks like Saturday would be the (weekend) day to ski, but I'm working on the race car that day. Thinking I'mma try and get up Sunday morning for a bit, depending on how warm it gets. Might have touring options, I should look into that. Easier (?) to get up high and stay on north facing slopes when you're the Master of Your Own Domain.
Please be vewy, VEWY careful. All this new snow weight on the DPS problem out there is gon' be an issue until everything goes "springy" with regards to teh snowpack...