Quantcast

Hey Josh...

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Josh... I have a few things you might want for REALLY cheap. I was going to keep them as spare parts as they certainly don't look like they're in great condition, but they are in perfect working order.

Might have an old X-9 Shifter, X-7 derailer, and a somewhat used 980 cassette you might want.

I'll see what else I have laying around also. It's kinda' poopy that I just sold my Hayes brakes. I'd have given you a super-deal on those bad boys.

What's the BB shell size? 73mm? Or 83mm?

Jensen

Monkey
Apr 30, 2007
UC/SLO,ca
actually, i have a brand new MRP system 3 and some juicy 7's with 8 inch rotors and month old pads. um, a WTB seat or 2, 30.9 seatposts

prob some other random stuff to

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Haha you got it. I will be a proud new owner of a Tomac Primer 220 very soon.

Scott - Looks like you might have a lot of things I could use... even the correct seatpost size. How much are you looking for everything? Donations? You can PM me =]

Mike - 83mm bb spacing. Might be into that shifter and cassette =]

I would be so pumped to get this bike together quick!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Ok. Wow. I think the bike might come together MUCH quicker than I thought it would thanks to all of you guys. Seriously thank you.

I think I owe you guys some beers! Mike I will get you a drink or sandwich of your choice =]

But wow. Let me compile a list of things I should have taken care of and things I still need.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Ok here is my list:

Need:
-Wheels
-Tires
-Ghetto tubeless set up (I just need bmx tubes now)
-Fork
-Headset
-Bars
-Stem
-Cassette
-Cranks/BB/bash/sprocket
-Pedals
-Seatpost (I believe I have a spare Thompson at my house somewhere)
-Shifter/derailer (Todd might be donating a lx/xt set! Sweet!)
-Seat (Todd might also have me covered there)
-Brakes (I may have a old set of saints laying around)
-Rotors
-Chain (I might have a spare slightly used one somewhere)

Is there anything else I am missing? As of right now my budget is close to $0. Next month might be a little different. Well see. Scott and Mike, I will let you know as soon as I have some cash. I should be able to get some parts off of you guys soon. =] Might resort to more manual labor for my parents and also finally cashing in my change collection from the past few years.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
heh- I got you covered in the BMX tube dept. :D

Also have a ghetto white bros groove race dual crown fork you can use/have/borrow/whatever. 180mm tho

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
We all know that Josh wouldn't settle for anything less than a 40 with black lowers...

But wait, isn't the new frame going to be white? Hmmm... new Fox 40 with white lowers would look so sexy that I would be cool by association just for knowing you... because you'd be cool my association just for knowing your bike... Which is, hence, cool by association for having a Fox 40 with white lowers. ;)

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
lol nice Mike. Well if that happened it basically would mean all of you would be cooler by knowing my bike. =]

Brian, thanks for the offer. I might hit you up for it. =]

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Get the problem solvers. They're a tad bit heavier than the E13 cups, but they're way cheaper.

On a side note, that new skate park over at Lake Cunningham in East San Jose is AMAZING. I've been taking my rollerblades (yes, I'm serious) out there about once or twice a week for the past two weeks. It would be fun to bring our light travel bikes out there during BMX hours. I'm gonna' ask about mountain bikes next time I'm out there.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Haha aggressive roller blades are awesome. I used to play hockey then I got into street stuff. I broke my tail bone a couple times.

I have my pair of solomons in my parents shed.

Maybe someday I will bust them out.

As for parts for the Primer, it is confirmed my budget is at $0. I'm pretty bummed right now.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
UPDATED LIST - Bike should be here tomorrow (I think)

Need:
-Wheels: Rear 150mm spacing / 20 up front
-Ghetto tubeless set up (I just need bmx tubes now)
-Headset (1.5 reducer)
-Bars
-Cranks/BB/bash/sprocket (83 cup)
-Rotors/maybe pads
-Shifter cable and housing

Have:

-Fork (Graciously donated by Todd)
-Stem (Graciously donated by Todd)
-Cassette (Graciously donated by Todd)
-Pedals (Graciously donated by Todd)
-Shifter/derailer (Graciously donated by Todd)
-Seat (Graciously donated by Todd)
-Seatpost (I have a spare Thompson at my house somewhere)
-Chain (I have a spare slightly used one somewhere)
-Brakes (I have a old set of saints laying around)
-Tires (I have a set of Kenda Nevegals)

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Joshy,

You let me know on a Thursday when you want to build up the bike... I'll make sure my favorite people at the shop are working, and we'll go ahead and you and I can slap her together in about an hour.

If only I could order some Industry Nine wheels, I'd sell you my old but in GREAT condition WTB Dual-Duty rims for dirt cheap.

-Mike

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I just talked to Rich and I might be able to get some help on a set of wheels. Well see. And Mike, YES. It will be built on a Thursday. =] That would be totally awesome.

My camera battery is dead. =[

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
WOW man. Frickin' SEXY! Looks SO good!

Thursday it is. Just let me know when you get the parts, and you and I will piece it together. :-) The Stan's tubeless route is all on you, though. I don't mess with that stuff.

What headset are you going to run?

I assume you'll run a Gamut or something on the bike. Run a standard BB mount, though. The ISCG mounts can break off at times, and get stripped out.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Yeah the ghetto tubeless is pretty basic. I will take care of the wheels before we put it together.

As for the headset, I think for now I will run the 1.5 to 1 1/8 reducer headset. I can get a decent deal on the sunline one.