Quantcast

Hey Liberals you are being called out by your own!

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
For the most part, dead-on. I think the second half of the essay is missing though... he doesn't go on to outline a forgeign policy that adheres to liberalism.

Good stuff nonetheless. I need to start subscribing again...

"there is only one coherent response in play, contained in what's come to be called the Bush doctrine -- a blend of aggressive nationalism and incompetent imperialism, led by people who want dominance without responsibility.

The Democratic Party has no foreign policy. It hasn't since Vietnam. The usual response is to moan about the party's spineless leaders, but their failure to stand up to the Bush juggernaut is more symptom than cause. They can't stand up because they have nowhere to stand, no alternate vision of what purpose America's enormous power in the world should serve. And so, with very few exceptions, the Democrats have been reduced to reaction, me-tooism, and, it sometimes appears, sheer hope that the crisis will go away. "

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hey, i have a solution: stop supporting all of the bad regimes that we do just because they offer use of their bases, etc. then the people all over won't hate us as much and peace may have a chance.