Quantcast

***Hey, look! It's a Monday GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I am sure the patients will appreciate your plight and will happily wait knowing that their health care dollar is a bargain.
Results are intentionally delayed by 3 days after us reading studies to patients anyway, so that they don't read their results on the website portal before their ordering doc can call them to chat about them. So my actions won't really affect anything.

That said, I am reading another one since they called one of my colleagues in as extra help, out from his academic day--if he's helping I will as well.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Puppet for Winders. "They" have a mixed environment of RHEL7 and Winders. The RHEL stuff has been build by Jenkins, managed with Puppet, validated with Serverspec for a while now. The Windows server side has been hand built wild west style since the 80's.

<edit> Ironic since Puppet is literally 3 blocks away.
are you performing devops in a cloud scale environment in order to interactively create interdependent ROI and uniquely fabricate team building paradigms?

edit:
I think I hurt my own soul

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Speaking of dog shit country music, I dare say Luke Bryan takes the cake.

In other news, someone at work done fucked up good. Marked bad parts as good. Bad parts released to production to build. Now there are like 50 people combing through paper records (in 2017!) to see if we can find additional errors.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I've really liked the 2.4's on my DH bike, first season using them.
Will likely try a 2.3 on the front of my trail bike when the current DHF expires.
I've only ridden them the one time, but they seemed pretty squirrely on loose-over-hard. At least compared to the Wild Rock'r2's. And I just mentally told myself, "Just pop the WR off the boy's bike and swap with the HR." But 27.5"... fuck. :mad:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
@Nick @Adventurous - how are the casings on those e*thirteen tires? Beefy-ish? Maybe I'll just get some Wild Rock'r2's in 27.5 and dump these HR's while they are still new-ish.

Or, if my lazy nature shines through, I'll just ride the HR's until I pinch-flat them at Deer Creek, then I'll curse myself.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Maxxis High Roller 2's: Meh. Discuss. :D
been running hr2 rear (26", 2.4), dhf front (26", 2.5) as a combo for a while. both exo casing. hr2 is decent overall, but does seem a bit squirrely in loose over hard. not the greatest in wet either, but maybe a different compound would have helped some.

i run them on older, narrower, ex500s and if i don't keep an eye on the pressure they start to burp pretty easily.

been thinking of trying a dhf out back as well. or maybe the wild rock'r.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I've only ridden them the one time, but they seemed pretty squirrely on loose-over-hard. At least compared to the Wild Rock'r2's. And I just mentally told myself, "Just pop the WR off the boy's bike and swap with the HR." But 27.5"... fuck. :mad:
You should try my setup sometime. 2.5" DHF in whatever the sticky compound is, 2.4" DHR II, both wide trail type.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
@Nick @Adventurous - how are the casings on those e*thirteen tires? Beefy-ish? Maybe I'll just get some Wild Rock'r2's in 27.5 and dump these HR's while they are still new-ish.

Or, if my lazy nature shines through, I'll just ride the HR's until I pinch-flat them at Deer Creek, then I'll curse myself.
the short time I rode the e13 I thought it was beefcake and wouldn't be worrying about cutting/pinching it (as I haven't sliced up these sub 1,000g HR2s yet)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

I cut the sidewalk on my front e13 last year. Big enough and close enough to the bead that sealant couldn’t take care of it and I couldn’t patch it so I’ve run a tube ever since. After years on Maxxis tires I can confidently say that the e13 casing is much sturdier and durable than anything Maxxis that I ever ran.

Also in its favor, the e13 corners better than any Maxxis I ever ran.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Poured rain all morning, gonna ride Klondike at three. The soil should be perfect (as it's mostly rocks anyway). Shame about Vegas...NPR this morning has not been uplifting.
Interested to hear what Navajo Rocks is/was like. Thinking of riding that on Saturday.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Not sure if I'll get to it, the rain superseded my plan to do two rides today. Wish some of you other nerds could have taken the week off!
What day do you leave? We need a La Sals snow update as to whether Burro will be rideable on Friday :D

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Holy Christ on a popsicle stick. Where to start.

Waiting to see how the conservative side of the country wrap their collective heads around Las Vegas, now that it's their people who were large scale wiped out by a shooter.
Dude. Echoing other's statements... this is shit man.

C'mon, man...you're better than that. Those are human beings.
This.

The people who are most vocal about 'you can't take my guns' and 'I'll shoot them down before it happens' were just the victims of the largest mass shooting in US history. There is (hopefully) going to be a massive mental tear there that will allow the necessary laws to get this shit to stop, passed.
Seriously dude? This broad sweeping generalization you're making about fans of country music sucks. Stop it.

I'm not even sure if I have a NW setup. How would I tell? Would the chainring be marked as such?
Because some teeth on the chainring will be narrow, and others will be wide. Like, every other one, actually. How the actual fuck no one has given you shit for this yet is beyond me. Slackers!

I have a some very liberal friends into that shit music, one trans friend, several black democrat friends...its easy to judge those crowds as all being redneck cracker trump supporters but thats not the case.
@stoney: Also this. What he said. Stop being a douche canoe.

Wifey listens to it as well, but the skew is very clear and very real.
FUCKING STOP IT.

Maxxis High Roller 2's: Meh. Discuss. :D
HR2 in the 2.4 front and rear has been my go-to for the last 3 seasons. I really like the way they corner and such. Don't know all the nerdy specifics or whatever, just like the way they ride. They work for me. Way better in the 2.4 vs. the 2.3, which is weird but whatever.

OK, good but not great. Have a couple of 2.3s ... recently replaced with DHFs.
Ah... 2.3. There's your problem. The 2.4's are markedly different and better in all ways.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
<snip>

Because some teeth on the chainring will be narrow, and others will be wide. Like, every other one, actually. How the actual fuck no one has given you shit for this yet is beyond me. Slackers!
Amusingly, this is exactly how I determined that it was, indeed, an NW ring. :D

HR2 in the 2.4 front and rear has been my go-to for the last 3 seasons. I really like the way they corner and such. Don't know all the nerdy specifics or whatever, just like the way they ride. They work for me. Way better in the 2.4 vs. the 2.3, which is weird but whatever.

Ah... 2.3. There's your problem. The 2.4's are markedly different and better in all ways.
Mine are 2.4s. Guess maybe I'll go the lazy route. Or maybe I should get some Geax Goma's. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I cut the sidewalk on my front e13 last year. Big enough and close enough to the bead that sealant couldn’t take care of it and I couldn’t patch it so I’ve run a tube ever since. After years on Maxxis tires I can confidently say that the e13 casing is much sturdier and durable than anything Maxxis that I ever ran.

Also in its favor, the e13 corners better than any Maxxis I ever ran.
In addition to having beef and traction, the e13 casings are rather supple and do not ride like dried up dogshit like so many burlier tires do.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I pinched one of those almost immediately upon installing it awhile back. May have been before the DD was available...
what's your favourite tread pattern? Maybe get a normal version of those, and run them with cushcore? Alternatively, have another look here: http://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/complete-guide-to-downhill-rubber.242990/page-26#post-4194784

The sturdiest sidewalls short of a full-on DH casing are Maxxis DD and Schwalbe SG. I would think the Magic Mary would bite through loose-over-hard pretty decent. I wouldn't try to run anything else from Schwalbe though.