Quantcast

***Hey, look! It's a Monday GMT***

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
After years on Maxxis tires I can confidently say that the e13 casing is much sturdier and durable than anything Maxxis that I ever ran.

Also in its favor, the e13 corners better than any Maxxis I ever ran.
:stupid:
I ride in lowly flat lands and I corner like a roadie but the TRS+ tires are the shizzle - in the front. I like Spesh GRID or Michelin Advanced tires in the rear, much less rolling resistance but beefy enough and predictable in corners.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Weather is now snowing at our casa... (it had been more of a light sleet all day not really accumulating.)

edit: it's snowing hard...

Last edited:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
An old friend and his wife were at the concert and posted 3 minutes before the shooting how they'd waited so long for this concert. The next post was that they were ok and of his wife's dirty feet from ditching her heels and running through the streets to take shelter in the Motel 6. So glad they were ok, and hoping your friends still in ICU will recover quickly @TN

Guys. I need f*ckig job. I'm starting to feel rather useless. Yes, I'm doing things around the house cooking/cleaning/projects, but it never feels like enough. We need the income pronto. I spend far too much time looking and not finding anything worth applying for. I try to get one a day out at least, but that doesn't alway happen. I'm freaking out a little bit.

I'm going for a run. Then maybe a ride.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
An old friend and his wife were at the concert and posted 3 minutes before the shooting how they'd waited so long for this concert. The next post was that they were ok and of his wife's dirty feet from ditching her heels and running through the streets to take shelter in the Motel 6. So glad they were ok, and hoping your friends still in ICU will recover quickly @TN

Guys. I need f*ckig job. I'm starting to feel rather useless. Yes, I'm doing things around the house cooking/cleaning/projects, but it never feels like enough. We need the income pronto. I spend far too much time looking and not finding anything worth applying for. I try to get one a day out at least, but that doesn't alway happen. I'm freaking out a little bit.

No local gigs like Home Depot or Lowes available? It wouldn't be well-paying or glamorous by any means but it would bring some dough in while you apply for other opportunities.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO

wow so scary.
He is stable now.

Uber maybe?
When i broke my leg & couldnt work & had to turn down several shoots I started driving. made decent money until I got my current gig.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
No local gigs like Home Depot or Lowes available? It wouldn't be well-paying or glamorous by any means but it would bring some dough in while you apply for other opportunities.
I used to work at Starbucks and REI--I would happily work at either of those--or Home Depot! I have restrictions for hours and location due to child care though... and these all require me to be available at times I can't (or won't, as I'm sure I could work nights and weekends, but it wouldn't be worth it to me to miss the time with my family). If the financial situation gets bad, however, nights and weekends it shall be!

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Don't let the society coerce you into guilt by not conforming to generally accepted slave labor life standards.
Pull @FullTrucker and spend the next 6 months skiing!!
I do already teach ski lessons... when the season comes around, if I don't have anything yet, I'll pick up a few more lessons and live it up as much as possible!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I used to work at Starbucks and REI--I would happily work at either of those--or Home Depot! I have restrictions for hours and location due to child care though... and these all require me to be available at times I can't (or won't, as I'm sure I could work nights and weekends, but it wouldn't be worth it to me to miss the time with my family). If the financial situation gets bad, however, nights and weekends it shall be!
I have no idea what a property manager would do so it is hard to make recommendations. What skills did you apply at the last job? Sales, project management, accounting? Would a 9-5 office job fit your time restrictions?

My company is mid-hiring freeze so can't help you there. Have you looked at some of the manufacturers in your area? Most places like that need people like planners and facilities project managers.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I have no idea what a property manager would do so it is hard to make recommendations. What skills did you apply at the last job? Sales, project management, accounting? Would a 9-5 office job fit your time restrictions?

My company is mid-hiring freeze so can't help you there. Have you looked at some of the manufacturers in your area? Most places like that need people like planners and facilities project managers.
Project Management (construction, capital, tenant)
Budgeting
AR/AP
Event Planning

Yeah... 90% was construction management and accounting. Well, and managing tenants and vendors... lots of vendor activity... making sure all the buildings were up to code for Fire Life Safety, backflows testing, gathering certificates of insurance, managing insurance claims... making sure tenants followed the rules, and that Security enforced them, and that vendors came in and fixed what they broke.... worked closely with the building engineers... mmmmmm tried to keep tenants happy so the owners could continue to collect rent.....

Daycare hours are 7:30-5:30, near Tapeworm. I just have to be able to get there between those hours every day. It takes almost 30 mins to get down to the freeway though—and there lies the biggest hurdle for me.

Run felt like a little bit of torture, ride was good!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Klondike kinda kicked my ass on the climb. Will seek better performance on Hymasa/Jackson's tomorrow..

2.6 DHF felt great on the chunky Chunder, but I was probably running ~28 psi, so no folding in corners.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Project Management (construction, capital, tenant)
Budgeting
AR/AP
Event Planning

Yeah... 90% was construction management and accounting. Well, and managing tenants and vendors... lots of vendor activity... making sure all the buildings were up to code for Fire Life Safety, backflows testing, gathering certificates of insurance, managing insurance claims... making sure tenants followed the rules, and that Security enforced them, and that vendors came in and fixed what they broke.... worked closely with the building engineers... mmmmmm tried to keep tenants happy so the owners could continue to collect rent.....

Daycare hours are 7:30-5:30, near Tapeworm. I just have to be able to get there between those hours every day. It takes almost 30 mins to get down to the freeway though—and there lies the biggest hurdle for me.

Run felt like a little bit of torture, ride was good!
Have you considered just working at the daycare place?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I totally feel your pain about the job front. I'm subbing at local schools...pay is ok and the hours are good for daycare times. Maybe try that? I am literally working 3-5 days per week.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I totally feel your pain about the job front. I'm subbing at local schools...pay is ok and the hours are good for daycare times. Maybe try that? I am literally working 3-5 days per week.
Yes! I was going to ask you about how your emergency subbing works in OR if you know--I subbed before, but I just had to show my BA and watch a video about being appropriate and I was in like Flynn with calls almost every day. Now there is a certificate you have to have from the superintendent. I submitted my app last week, but there are 1,531 in front of me in line to have theirs reviewed. o_O Here's hoping they move quickly through those! It would be ideal to have the time to find something more permanent too. After this year, he's in middle school and this won't even matter anymore.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
My first show was Petty at the Gorge when I was 14 or 15. Those were good times.

Too much happening at work, I make sure to leave on time and dig bike trails for an hour.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Morning.

It's monday,

I'm 40.

Here's to Tuesday's hangover...
Congratulations and Happy Birthday.

Now stop counting birthdays. From now on you should only go by how low your sack hangs, hair growing where it didn't before, and the number of times per year you get called "Sir" by anyone younger than 30. When someone asks you how old you are just tell them you don't know unless it's a hot chick. Then ask her, "how old do you want me to be ?" With a little practice, you too can become a regional man of mystery, or just an old perv.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
posted just a little while ago

Tom Petty‘s daughter is speaking out following reports that her father had passed away.

The 66-year-old Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers front man is still alive, according to his daughter Kimberly, who posted a strongly worded message to media outlets reporting otherwise.

Kimberly took to her Instagram to write a note to Rolling Stone, who had previously stated that Tom had passed away after being found in cardiac arrest.

“my dad is not dead yet but your f**king magazine is…How dare you report that my father has died just to get press because your articles and photos are so dated…This is my father not a celebrity. An artist and human being. F**k u,” Kimberly wrote.

She later added that Tom‘s band is at the hospital with him, writing, “Band is here with my dad sweetest coolest people.”

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
posted just a little while ago

Tom Petty‘s daughter is speaking out following reports that her father had passed away.

The 66-year-old Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers front man is still alive, according to his daughter Kimberly, who posted a strongly worded message to media outlets reporting otherwise.

Kimberly took to her Instagram to write a note to Rolling Stone, who had previously stated that Tom had passed away after being found in cardiac arrest.

“my dad is not dead yet but your f**king magazine is…How dare you report that my father has died just to get press because your articles and photos are so dated…This is my father not a celebrity. An artist and human being. F**k u,” Kimberly wrote.

She later added that Tom‘s band is at the hospital with him, writing, “Band is here with my dad sweetest coolest people.”

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Congratulations and Happy Birthday.

Now stop counting birthdays. From now on you should only go by how low your sack hangs, hair growing where it didn't before, and the number of times per year you get called "Sir" by anyone younger than 30. When someone asks you how old you are just tell them you don't know unless it's a hot chick. Then ask her, "how old do you want me to be ?" With a little practice, you too can become a regional man of mystery, or just an old perv.
I keep little track of age, everyone at work thought I was kidding... they pegged me around 32. People always called me Sir, I demand it. I can't wait to be old enough to get away with pervy behavior....