Quantcast

Hey VTinCT, the pics you requested.

K

kitchenware

It's a bit dirty, but you should be able to get the idea. I'm not sure if my routing is 100% correct, but it seems to work well.

I didn't like the way the cable end just wiggled around in the swing arm hole, so I used this thing and it works rather well. They come with Shimano rear der, but they're supposed to be used back by the actual der. I used it here because it helps hold the cable still while the suspension is working.

Here it is removed to show what piece I used

Here it is inserted and the small end sticking out the other side of the swing arm.

And here it is inserted with the amount of slack I used.

As far as where the cables go up front, you should be able to piece the pics together and get it.

The rear routing seems to work best this way with the brake on the top. The reason being, when the susp. is compressed the cable can move along the other cable and not along the seat tube.

I hope this helps. If there are any other details needed just ask.

~kw

VTinCT

Flexmaster Flexy Flex
Sep 24, 2001
Lost in the woods...
Perfect!!!:D

First off, nice bike man! Second, good idea for the furrell in the back...that had me wondering. The pics are great, just what I was looking for!

Thanks again KW.

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
Just like on my Heckler! Plus, if you use a nippled ferrule at each end of the chainstay run, you can shield the entire run with a hunk of liner.

K

kitchenware

Originally posted by oldfart
Just like on my Heckler! Plus, if you use a nippled ferrule at each end of the chainstay run, you can shield the entire run with a hunk of liner.
hehe, funny you should say that. I thought about doing it that way. Probably works good huh...?

~kw