Quantcast

High Gear infesting Windrock Oct. 14-15.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Everybody just back up and delete all this stuff. Me and Joey e-talked. Bottom line per Joey is I'll see you all Sunday. Now to prevent any other bad blood between you guys spilling ...delete the arguments and we'll pretend Chris Kring and company are coming to town and we're all not gonna get a scratch on us this weekend and all our bikes will perform flawlessly. :grin:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
No excuse...

As I hear it TURBOLVR (aka Karl) has been told not to ride and that he might even need surgery for a ganked up knee. Yet he is on his way.... :cupidarrow:

They make drugs and alcohol for a reason other than making meth mouth skanks look attractive. :banana:

;)
Karl is just a better man than I no question about that. And again I am reaffirmed of my less than manly status.:bonk:

xoxo

TURBOLVR

Chimp
Feb 9, 2006
Franzie Exotica is also coming to Rock from ManBurg, Germany -
he is most anxious to have good times. Here he is last
night getting much needed rest for weekend activities.

Attachments

SpaZwEll

Monkey
Sep 18, 2002
Emerald VIP
Yes, Turbo we are making the trek to the Winder. Jesse is coming too. Seems as if will be good times had for all. You are looking a little more buff since last trip.

TURBOLVR

Chimp
Feb 9, 2006
Thanx Butch,
Hopefully invite to all night techno ravaging! I bring glowing
wands and bags of party powder!!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Edited:

These bickering threads are stupid.

I hope Joey can see past his frustration enough to bury the hatchet with anyone who wants to make peace.
how do you figure i'm frustrated ?
over the past six years i've been allowed to build the trails of my dreams.
i couldn't be happier.
it's the jealosy from outside the d.h community and "his" frustration that has led to all this.
just because i don't deem him worthy of answering his questions about what i've contributed to the cycling scene here in knoxville.

his opinions, attacks, comments and other attempts to bolster his image in the local community by his use of them, mean nothing to me.
i liken it to mark foley, howling at the moon in front of the congressional pages dorm rooms.

he has zero undestanding of anything that goes on up here.
this place is more of a handfull than what even most locals know.
dealing with the local a.t.v. club is a pure joy.
gas well drilling.
commercial logging.
hunters.
motorized trail poaching.
rider safety from speeding ohv riders on the paved road.
these are the real world issues that have to be dealt with constantly.
not to mention all the trail work that is constantly needed, whether you feel like it or not.
or whether you have time for it or not.

and those that know me, know i have no problem stating my case and dealing with any of the above.
man to man.
face to face.
unlike others in the on-line world.

and i do have every right to control who has access to these trails.
i've earned that authority.
over and over again.
and i don't have to justify that with anyone.

and doug is 100% correct when he says that i don't care about all the surrounding bunk. or the local cycling community.
they've got their own thing going.

right now i'm so focused on getting in there this winter and creating more and better trails than we have to date.
it's looking like i'm going to have a very small group of hardcore builders in there with me this year.
mark ziska.
terry jeffers.
ben ramsbottom ?
doug ferguson.
and i hope,
mark webb and brian poston continue their major contribution.

i'll be sitting in our parking lot this weekend just soaking up all the stoke that is a by product of what we've been able to create.
and that's anything but frustrating.

mfzbike

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Precious painville
Theres some stranded riders passing through that called the shop today looking for a place to ride............they sounded stoked.......stoke+stoke = Shazzzzam!!!!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i talked to doug today.
he busted out a lot of leafblowing today.
sounds like he cleaned everything out real nice.

this weekend's gonna rip!!
the weather couldn't have been planned any better.

Jun 11, 2004
Saturday was AWESOME!

Hope it goes just as well today for you guys!

Oh......and........Middle Finger = WOW!

I'm hoping the weather holds out for the end (Oct. 28 & 29) of the month trip.........

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Saturday was AWESOME!

Hope it goes just as well today for you guys!

Oh......and........Middle Finger = WOW!

I'm hoping the weather holds out for the end (Oct. 28 & 29) of the month trip.........
good meeting you brother. good times!

I got sooo lucky in waterfall. I was following Mark down and he popped this shelf rock up right in the center of the trail that just stopped my wheel cold. I launched the bars and tackled the big boulder at the top with my chest protector and hands. My jaw is sore from grunting like a prize fighter. I pigged so loud Mark stopped as soon as he crossed the creek to make sure I was OK.

Granted that was nothing compared to Matt coming off bulkhead and ripping through that girl and her bike and sending her helmet flying and both of them to the ground!!!:shocked:

But damn...too fun...other than the Gorillaz in the "dust" about a third of the way down Windmill on that second run...sketchy...:happydance:

mtbman4

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
windrock
Oh man, I chased a small squirrell down middle finger for about 25 feet. I almost ran it over, till the little bugger ran up a tree. We woulda had some good eatin in the parking lot, ya'll.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
had I wanted to go left into the briar thickets blindly as he did, I'm confident I'd have gotten him before too long...but I chose the more sane route and the pallet drop.:cheers:

by the by...how's your knee???
I'll find out in 40 minutes. But I'm hoping that doing a few runs at WR yesterday helped to motivate it into full recovery.

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
I got sooo lucky in waterfall. I was following Mark down and he popped this shelf rock up right in the center of the trail that just stopped my wheel cold. I launched the bars and tackled the big boulder at the top with my chest protector and hands. My jaw is sore from grunting like a prize fighter. I pigged so loud Mark stopped as soon as he crossed the creek to make sure I was OK.
You had the greatest propensity for wrecking right in front of me this weekend. See if I follow you next time ;)

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
You had the greatest propensity for wrecking right in front of me this weekend. See if I follow you next time ;)
One thing we have all learned over the years is to never follow Butch... He will even say that. He will ether throw very big rocks up at you or will lead you right to the hardest part of the trail!!!!!

:cheers:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
there's only four riders i'll ever follow down any of the trails.

ben.
terry.(tire buzzin close):)
mark.
doug.

everyone else i'll give a huge lead out.
plus that gives me the pleasure of runnin em down.
(as they're lying face down all penguined out in the waterfall.)

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I love following Terry. He always has the coolest trail linkage. He thought up Snakerock to 14 to Twisted. Good stuff.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
you'll be 45 minutes from the gates of Pisgah foo...!
This is a good point, well a little longer from our house, but still easily doable.

There also Paris Mtn. for a quick run, but yet I have still made it out there (how sad is that, and I call myself a bicyclist) or Isaqueenia, it's only a 20 ride from the house.

We could hit Deer Lick, or whatever it's called. I would like to get in some high speed runs, I'm far too out of shape right now to be trying to keep up with you youngsters climbing.