Quantcast

High School Reunion

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Anybody go to theirs?

Mine is this summer and I doubt I'll go. They have some Classmates.com site that I keep getting crap'ola from and it's pretty f'ing annoying.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
mine was fun. it was just bbq and booze. my HS class was pretty small and everyone got along for the most part.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Nope. I'm not in touch with people from high school for a reason.
I think I was friends with like 3 people in my grade in high school. I still keep in touch with them. The rest of the people in my grade I f'ing hated.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Mine was about a year ago, and I did not attend. I was kind of interested in going, but decided against going. Perhaps if I was single, I might have gone...

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
I didn't go to any of mine. My cousin filled me in on them and it was your basic nightmare. She filled me in on who was sleeping w/ whom, who got divorced, who got fat, etc. Yeah, glad I didn't go.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
5 and 10 there was no 15th. I went from kindergarten through graduation in the same school. There were only 165 graduating and about 50% I had/have known all my life. There are only a few that I actually keep in contact with but I like to hear from most of them (well a few of them.)
My 10th was awesome. Long story short I was sober for 4 years leading up to it and decided to drink that night, a lot.
Got hammered, started telling lies to the people I hated. Started losing track of who to lie to and who not to so I started lying to everyone.
It was at a resort and I was the only one smart enough to buy alcohol before hand for an after party. So I was totally drunk standing out side my room telling who could come in and who couldn’t. Conversations when like “Yes, yes yes – you were **** to me in school nope – yes yes” hahahh I’m a jerk.
Awesome!
I cant wait for 20!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
H8R said:
High school? Fvck those people.
exactly my thoughts.
it's amazing how many grown adults still live in their high school and college days.
rah rah.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I got an invite from a friend to the 10th since I had changed schools after Junior year and nearly went. I was busy with work, so I didn't take the time off to fly out and thought I might have missed something. Then the post part report was none of the people I liked went, all the people I hated where there in full force and I missed nothing.

I would have been pissed had I missed something. I doubt I will go to the 20th in '09.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I've skipped them all and will continue that tradition in for my 25th in 2009. I have no interest in what those assholes are doing and I'm quite certain the feeling is mutual.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
I only knew about a 10yr. I skipped it. My wife went to hers, but I stayed away from that too. Thinking about the 20th in 2010 just out of curiousity, but I'm really not that curious a person.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I am in the minority here, but I went to my 10 year and had a blast.
That was also the night I realized that I can never binge drink again, ever. And I haven't since. But yeah, it was fun. Seeing how much people changed was cool, and then some that did not change at all.
But I was friends with about everybody there back then, so it was cool to hang out.
I remember driving two hours to a dh race that morning, racing in the heat all day, drove back, went to the reunion, stayed out late, then I had to wake early on Sunday and drive 5 hours to the beach for my wife's business conference. Ouch.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I think it's great how people who werent cool enough to be liked in school try to turn it around and act like it was their choice to be anti social. Trust me. No one at you guys' reunion is going to miss you either.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
splat said:
Nope , So far I have missed my 5 , 10 and 20 th
:stupid:

I saw the photos from my 20th. The one chick I wanted to see has a bunch of kids and just looks horrible. I would NOT recommend participating in this sad event.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
narlus said:
sounds like we need some more details...:evil:
Actually I did not do anything wrong or anything like that, I just felt like a walking turd for two days.
I do remember my wife saying the next day, I had no idea you could drink that much and still function.:)

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
stinkyboy said:
:stupid:

I saw the photos from my 20th. The one chick I wanted to see has a bunch of kids and just looks horrible. I would NOT recommend participating in this sad event.
Mine was only my 5 year, apparently i'm no where near as old as some of you geezers, but I was pleasantly surprised by some chicas who were not hot in HS but had managed to turn things around for themselves and gain my approval.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
You guys had 5 year reunions? I don't know if I did or not.

I'm going to assume my 10 year is comming up in '08, but its no big deal. Home is a good bit away and I doubt I'd go. I lost complete touch w/ everyone within 6 months of graduation, but my little sister is still part of the gossip wheel so I get filled in on bits and pieces at Thanksgiving. It just sucks to find out when old friends die.

And I was neither a cool kid nor a goofy complete loser. Just a quiet kid who played soccer w/a white-boy afro.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
BurlyShirley said:
I think it's great how people who werent cool enough to be liked in school try to turn it around and act like it was their choice to be anti social. Trust me. No one at you guys' reunion is going to miss you either.
Maybe that one fat goth chick who use to cry on their shoulder.:rofl:

I realize this is a generalization here, but I have often found that MTBers in general are somewhat anti-social. Not all of them of course, but I am always running into dudes on the trail that have the social skills of a bi-polar possum.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
kidwoo said:
Chicks taking calc in high school typically resemble the non-chicks taking calc in high school in my experience.
there were a couple of hotties in my calc class, one of whom i lusted for, futilely, pretty much from sophomore year through graduation.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i would have gone to my 20th but a business trip to berlin was a way superior option.

i've been to my 5th, and i think my 10th . the 5th was pretty lame (everyone was pretty much the same), but the 10th had some interesting bits (like dfinn aluded too, there was one quiet, mousy girl who underwent a pretty dramatic transformation).