Quantcast

Hola - New to the Board

MixedFruit

Chimp
Apr 7, 2005
New and already a question hahaha.

mmmm does anyone here know if Rudy Project are still making bikes.

Mine is gettin quite old (ssh don't tell it I said that eeeep) and totally love it and want to get another as I've yet to get on anything I find as comfortable.

I've looked on the net but only come up with Eye Gear made by them. Even E-bay is pulling up blanks.

MixedFruit

Chimp
Apr 7, 2005
Yup.

I've had it about 8years now. I bought it off a guy who use to race for a team in Bray - Ireland. It was his training bike, if I remeber correctly.

Will post a pick tomorrow or somethin if that helps.

Got a fly now. But thanks for the welcome

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I haven't heard of Rudy Project bicycles either. I suspect you bought a team bike, which could have been built by anyone (literally) but was painted with team colors.

This was extremely common back in the days of steel and aluminum, where someone might race for a different team every year but ride the same frame, just with a new paint job. Even in Lance's first year with USPostal/Trek, he rode a Litespeed painted to look like an OCLV, including glued-on cardboard molds to make it look like an one-piece carbon frame.

I would like to see a picture of your bike. It might be obvious to someone the manufacturer of your frame. If you really care, look for the serial number (stamped on the bottom bracket). See if you can track down the manufacturer that way.

MixedFruit

Chimp
Apr 7, 2005
Sorry about delay n stuff here is my bike.

The Sticker on the Frame says Challange Pro. Forgot to take a pick of that part.

So can anyone shade some light please

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
it really looks alot like just about any bike from that era. I know a guy at work who has an old univega that looks alot like that, it's also showing a strong resemblance to a diamondback, which it should considering they were built in the same factory. I really doubt you'll be able to find the exact bike, and honestly I wouldn't want to. Technology has made newer bikes much more comfortable and fun to ride, go test ride a couple at your LBS and you'll see what I mean.

MixedFruit

Chimp
Apr 7, 2005
Thanks Kornphlake.

I'm just a sentimental fool I suppose haha :)

My friends have been trying to get me to change bike for ages but I'm a stubbron SOB.

But your right I think a change is needed. Will probably keep the old girl for messin about on.