Quantcast

hola & what I've been up to...

brianTX

Chimp
Sep 18, 2001
Austin, TX
What's happenein fellas, long time no visit the ridemonkey.

well, hard as it was, i sold my DH bike, my road bike, and a mountain bike about three months ago, and haven't ridden any type of bike since. the good side of things is that i sold it all for traveling money, and i've spent the last 2 months in Australia and New Zealand, not a bad trade.

So, for all you poor bastards who have to work from 9 to 5, i have set up a website with highlight pictures from my trip. i'll be back in Austin again in early june (i'm in Auckland, NZ now) as I have now run out of money, gone into debt, and have to head back to the real world. Thank god I still have my bmx bike and a XC bike for when i get back, i need a serious riding fix.

by the way, they have it all figured out over here. every small town here has a skatepark at least, and many have really nice sets of dirt trails. we're talking towns of like 1500 people with bad ass public skate parks, needless to say i've missed my bike. in queenstown on the south island of new zealand i saw the most beautiful jumps i've ever laid eyes on. they got a grant from the city and built up an amazing jump park at the bottom of their DH runs. we're talking like a slightly downhill 20 pack with everything from 10-25 foot doubles, all perfectly groomed with flow lines, hips, the lips all about 6-10 feet wide and perfectly groomed. they even had quikcrete and a manual concrete roller that the city paid for to groom the jumps. the sets ended at a massive dirt bank to wall ride, ahh it was heaven. alas, my camera batteries were dead that day (likely story) so you just have to take my word for it. so if you wanna see scenery shots and pictures of me drunk and out on the town, check out my webpage.

www.picturetrail.com/bcarrico

cheers,
brian