Quantcast

Holiday Weekend

SuperKat

Monkey
Jul 3, 2005
New York
Anyone have any good plans, riding or not?
I'm working again, but as of today Diablo opens during the week so hopefully I'll be getting some riding time soon!
Have a nice 4th of July! :wave:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Nice :thumb: My in laws are in town for the weekend. The hubby & I went for a SS ride this morning and I'll probably be leading a women's group ride tomorrow. BBQ for the 4th and that's about all.

Enjoy your weekends!

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
sounds like fun.
I am off the bike for a few weeks due to a minor car accident. :angry:
The plan WAS to go with hubby to the Yellowpine ( middle of nowhere in the mountains of Central Idaho) whitewater rendezvous and ride all possible trails in the area while he was boating. But now I'm benched so just hanging around since I can't even carry a day pack. So I decided to stay home and do small projects ( boring!!) I might get to go sailing tomorrow. I think I can handle sitting on a boat in the breeze.

geargrrl

starrbabes

Chimp
Jun 9, 2006
Puyallup, WA
So sorry to hear about the car accident. Hope you get back on soon. We went for a ride at SST yesterday as well and hit Lake Sawyer today. I took a tumble and have a huge bruise on my toosh. I couldn't clip out and fell onto a stump! Dummy me. Have to work tomorrow though. :(

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
Unfortunately I've got to work today (monday) so not much of a holiday for me :angry:

But we did ride some awesome singletrack in Nederland, CO on Saturday. And we rode Keystone on Sunday....it rained on Saturday at Keystone so the trails were in perfect condition, tacky and not dusty! Got 5 runs in before they shut the lifts down due to lightening....then we got a hail storm and it started to snow :rolleyes:

But those 5 runs were perfect! I made it through a rock garden that has been dogging me lately and I started jumping a step down bridge that comes out of the woods!

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
weimie said:
Sorry to hear about your accident...hopefully it was nothing serious.
In the scale of these kind of things, it's pretty minor but a I am being super duper conservative. This is the third car accident I've been in (none of them my fault!!) and I have some prior neck injuries that WERE healed find until this happened. My doc is a mountain biker, in fact she's one of the people who taught me to ride way back when, so if she says to wait a few weeks, that's what I do. At age 46, one doesn't heal so fast so I am hoping that by being conservative now it will pay off later.

god, it sucks. Worst part is even with 3-5 mile walks everyday I just know I am losing conditioning (plus some of my sanity, but that is a different post)

I did spend the day yesterday sailing on Lake Couer D'Alene, that was a lot of fun.

gg

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
geargrrl -- glad to hear your accident wasn't serious and I'm sure you'll be back in the saddle in no time! Can you atleast spin on a stationary bike or rollers? That will help with conditioning and sanity (to an extent).

As for me, hit the trails for a SS rideon Saturday AM and that was quite tiring...I had to drink lots of beer throughout the afternoon/evening on both Saturday & Sunday. Today I pedaled around to amuse the kid for a little hwile on her walk and did a few hill repeats. It's hot and we got the pool set up so I will be braving the 61 degree water soon!

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
TreeSaw said:
geargrrl -- glad to hear your accident wasn't serious and I'm sure you'll be back in the saddle in no time! Can you atleast spin on a stationary bike or rollers? That will help with conditioning and sanity (to an extent).

I asked that specific question and the answer was "no".:mumble: It's the way the neck is supporting the head in those positions that is part of the issue. I did take a nieghborhood spin, pavement, and it just made me really tight and sore. I got a tsk-tsk from her for even trying. :mumble: patience, patience....

zoey

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
california
Hey ladies

Had a long bike weekend. I went down to Monterey Sunday and raced cross country. I was in the beginner class and thought I was only going to have to do 15 miles, but it ended up 20.

The trails at Fort Ord were fun; fast singletrack, hardpacked, nothing too technical so you could really ride supa fast. I proudly won last place. :)

Then yesterday morning I took my friend mtbiking. She's new to the trails, so we went easy. She's getting hooked on it though, and she wants to go again! YAY!

Then yesterday afternoon it was my turn to get schooled at a downhill trail in Pacifica. It was right on the edge of my ability level, so I spent a lot of time just "managing" the ride. I did some jumps though which I was very proud of. The rest of the trail had some gnarly drops that just stopped me dead on. I felt a little bummed that I couldn't step up to it, but I definitley want to go back and work on it.

Now it's back to work. :P

redFoxx

Monkey
Apr 15, 2005
Seattle
We just got back from Kamloops, Sun Peaks resort in B.C. My first trip there and it was such fun riding! I hadn't been DH'ing since last year at Whistler. I tried my dirt jump hardtail the first day and that was hard to say the least. It did great on the technical but was hell for the rest of it. The next day I rented a Norco Shore with 24" wheels which had beautiful suspension but alittle difficult to manuever on the technical not to mention I couldn't get the seat down as far as I wanted to. For the third day I had use of a Demo 8 and this wasn't as supple or set up as nice as the Shore but had better maneuverability. Sun Peaks' trails have lots of steep, technical runs and the trails were super dusty with deep soft dirt. You had to wear goggles or you looked like you had a dirt sandwich at the end of the day!

I'm ready to go back! :love:

starrbabes

Chimp
Jun 9, 2006
Puyallup, WA
redFoxx said:
We just got back from Kamloops, Sun Peaks resort in B.C. My first trip there and it was such fun riding! I hadn't been DH'ing since last year at Whistler. I tried my dirt jump hardtail the first day and that was hard to say the least. It did great on the technical but was hell for the rest of it. The next day I rented a Norco Shore with 24" wheels which had beautiful suspension but alittle difficult to manuever on the technical not to mention I couldn't get the seat down as far as I wanted to. For the third day I had use of a Demo 8 and this wasn't as supple or set up as nice as the Shore but had better maneuverability. Sun Peaks' trails have lots of steep, technical runs and the trails were super dusty with deep soft dirt. You had to wear goggles or you looked like you had a dirt sandwich at the end of the day!

I'm ready to go back! :love:
Sounds like you had a great time there!