Quantcast

Holy sh*t! This is how the Russians deal with Pirates

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
Please move if I've posted this in the wrong section. I think this is a highly interesting story and could spark some good discussion (or people merely agreeing :D)

Cliffs: Well the pirates had taken over a Russian tanker and after the Russian commandos took it over, they hand cuffed all the pirates to the ship and blew it the f*ck up and sank the ship with the pirates at the same time :)

Amazing video of court held on the High Seas..

An effective way to deal with the piracy mess. Looks like the Russians get their act together. A historic and effective
way of dealing with the lawless. They did make one mistake, however for added affect, they could have saved one pirate and sent him home with the story... Read the info below before watching the film clip.

This video shows Russian Navy commandos on a Somalian pirate ship shortly after the pirates had captured a Russian oil tanker. All explanations are in Russian with a single exception of when a wounded pirate says something in English and the Russian soldier says "This is not a fishing boat.". All conversations between the commandos are in Russian. If you don't understand Russian, the pictures speak for themselves.

The soldiers freed their compatriots and the tanker. The Russian Navy Commandos moved the pirates back to their own (pirate) ship, searched the pirate ship for weapons and explosives, and then they left the ship and exploded it with all remaining pirates hand-cuffed to it. The commandos sank the pirate ship along with the pirates and without any court proceedings, lawyers etc. That is, they used the anti-piracy laws of the 18th and 19th centuries where the captain of the rescuing ship has the right to decide what to do with the pirates. Usually, they were hung.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I'd guess it's from this story?

http://abcnews.go.com/International/russian-commandos-capture-pirates-dramatic-rescue/story?id=10573767

Anyone understand Russian enough to know what the marines are talking about at the end? Because until then, I'm a bit leery about the whole "handcuffing and watching the pirates sink with the ship" aspect of this story.

edit: This story says that the Russians placed the pirates in a rubber boat 160 miles off the coast with food and water but no navigational aides. And it has the exact same video.

http://trueslant.com/michaelpeck/2010/05/17/russian-marines-versus-somali-pirate/

The internet exaggerating something?? I'm *shocked*.

And here it is from the BBC, along with a Russian admission that the pirates "probably died" after being set into their inflatable boat:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8675978.stm

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
edit: This story says that the Russians placed the pirates in a rubber boat 160 miles off the coast with food and water but no navigational aides. And it has the exact same video.

http://trueslant.com/michaelpeck/2010/05/17/russian-marines-versus-somali-pirate/

The internet exaggerating something?? I'm *shocked*.

And here it is from the BBC, along with a Russian admission that the pirates "probably died" after being set into their inflatable boat:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8675978.stm

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
Yeah Russkies! right now we have to much Democratic red tape to pull something off like that. Used to be a time when America could squash its enemy like a bug and we all cheered, now if we tried something like that the Liberals would scream "oh the humanity, the somalia's are just trying to survive how could you do this, blah,blah,blah"

Don't get me wrong I love America, but sometimes we get in our own way.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah Russkies! right now we have to much Democratic red tape to pull something off like that. Used to be a time when America could squash its enemy like a bug and we all cheered, now if we tried something like that the Liberals would scream "oh the humanity, the somalia's are just trying to survive how could you do this, blah,blah,blah"

a lot of my friends are liberals and they're ok with this. i think it's the hippies that might get upset.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack

I blame the right-wing Christian Conservatives who preach about loving thy neighbor and turning the other cheek. They're the ones who are fighting against extra-judicial killings and political assassinations.

Ooops, that only applies to *white* neighbors. Apparently they're all for killing brown people. Never mind.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
I blame the right-wing Christian Conservatives who preach about loving thy neighbor and turning the other cheek. They're the ones who are fighting against extra-judicial killings and political assassinations.

Ooops, that only applies to *white* neighbors. Apparently they're all for killing brown people. Never mind.
I blame the Left Wingers and the Right Wingers for most of our problems.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
That's why they don't bomb Russian embassys...
Not true. The Chechens have been quite active in their attacks on the russian soil. I think I've also heard something about an embassy. Though in that case the Ruskies started it ;)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering

You out on good behavior Mr. Kaczynski?

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
Doesn't anyone remember this? http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=7325633&page=1 Navy Seals, 3 head shots on Somali pirates. One guy was even holding an AK47 to the back of a hostage when he was shot in the head.

"There's only one way to be assured no involuntary trigger squeeze, and that is a head shot," Humphries said.

I think that's the way to handle these guys, shoot them. I know they're starving and the country is in ruins; however being a pirate is not exactly a safe career.

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
Doesn't anyone remember this? http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=7325633&page=1 Navy Seals, 3 head shots on Somali pirates. One guy was even holding an AK47 to the back of a hostage when he was shot in the head.

"There's only one way to be assured no involuntary trigger squeeze, and that is a head shot," Humphries said.

I think that's the way to handle these guys, shoot them. I know they're starving and the country is in ruins; however being a pirate is not exactly a safe career.

Turned nothing, it started off that way.
Damn dude, harsh.