Quantcast

Home gyms

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
I just bought a nice home gym off of Craigslist for $300. - seated bench, leg curls, flys, lat pull down, curls, etc...

Ive wanted one for a while, but it seems that whenever you talk to someone that has one, it just collects dust.

I just let my main gym membership expire, and thought Id give the home-body:clue: route a try.

Anyone have a home gym that they use regularly?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have a nice set up in my basement, it just collects dust. I didn't buy it, a friend had to temporarily stay in a smaller place while buying a new home so I am just storing it for him. I can not motivate myself to work out at home. During the winter I can go to the gym and put in 7 or so hours a week with no motivation problems. It would help if I had a bunch of MILFs walking around my basement.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I'm about 3 weeks behind you. I have a bench and some free weights (though, not what I would call a "gym") that I use fairly regularly. I've been looking into getting a more complete system. I'll probably pull the trigger on something towards the end of the month.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Westy said:
I have a nice set up in my basement, it just collects dust. I didn't buy it, a friend had to temporarily stay in a smaller place while buying a new home so I am just storing it for him. I can not motivate myself to work out at home. During the winter I can go to the gym and put in 7 or so hours a week with no motivation problems. It would help if I had a bunch of MILFs walking around my basement.
Speaking of MILF's, the lady that sold the gym to me was one of those 45 year old tennis club, work out maniacs... I swear she was stronger than me. She yanked the parts of the gym up to my 2nd floor like it was her job!

Even if I use this thing 30-60 minutes a week, I say its worth it. It will also help my self guided physical therapy for my shoulders that are facked due to too many trips down a mountain on a free-ride rig... :cool: :mumble: :rolleyes:

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
jacksonpt said:
I'm about 3 weeks behind you. I have a bench and some free weights (though, not what I would call a "gym") that I use fairly regularly. I've been looking into getting a more complete system. I'll probably pull the trigger on something towards the end of the month.
Cruise Craigslist... ebay doesnt really work for this type of thing, and new is just sillyness...:oink:

here's what I picked up - about $1,000 new:
http://rochester.craigslist.org/spo/192780840.html

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Crashby said:
Cruise Craigslist... ebay doesnt really work for this type of thing, and new is just sillyness...:oink:

here's what I picked up - about $1,000 new:
http://rochester.craigslist.org/spo/192780840.html
I'm pretty sure I know what I want... just waiting for a few "issues" to play themselves out. I thought about buying new, and still would if the price was right, but getting free delivery and setup plus a lifetime warranty is very appealing.

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
I have a bench (incline, decline, flat) with an arm curl pad and leg extension piece. I use it 3 times a week. It's great. Easier than getting motivation to go to a gym. But I'll probably get another gym membership soon, I'd like to have more options available to me.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
fuzzynutz said:
I have a bench (incline, decline, flat) with an arm curl pad and leg extension piece. I use it 3 times a week. It's great. Easier than getting motivation to go to a gym. But I'll probably get another gym membership soon, I'd like to have more options available to me.
I hear you there... there's a gym where some of my peers and Sr. management work out... there are benefits to playing squash with the muckity-mucks... networking and all that rot...:rolleyes:.

They also have outdoor (winter) paddle-ball which is the cats pijamas... but jeebus, its like $200 to join and $100 per month... :mumble:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
i thought about one. but i get motivated a whole more in a gym, with all the music (hehe, i like gyms music), and the enviroment.
if i do it at home, i´d stop as soon as i got tired. in a gym i always finish since i think "ok, am already here".

plus there is the sauna, the hot tub and the jiu jitsu classes at my gym to keep me going.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I think you've seen the set-up we have in the basement (a Gold's Gym set-up similar to yours and we have the leg press part too). It does get used but probably not as much as it should. We got it for free for helping a friend move and he didn't use it and thought we might. I also bought Sq-Earl a set of free weights that we use too along with my exercise ball w/resistance bands & medicine ball.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
TreeSaw said:
I think you've seen the set-up we have in the basement (a Gold's Gym set-up similar to yours and we have the leg press part too). It does get used but probably not as much as it should. We got it for free for helping a friend move and he didn't use it and thought we might. I also bought Sq-Earl a set of free weights that we use too along with my exercise ball w/resistance bands & medicine ball.
Good... Sq-Earl does need to loose some of that baby fat... :rolleyes: