Quantcast

hood race this weekend

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
yea, i dont get to practice cuz my bike is retarded! lol, im gonna get my one practice run the day of, then get stomped. RAYMUNDO! dude, gimme a call when u get back from the practice, we'll work out a ride, i gotta go out to THC today to get a new brake like, drailer housing, yatta yatta yatta

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The course rocked today! A lot less dust, not too hot, and I had my best run yet.

I was in the wrong gear going over the rock and that killed me on the lumpy section leading into fire hydrent, but I cleaned cannonball better than ever.

I was stoked.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
SteezyWeezy said:
where u racing sport? what age group?
Yup, Sport 30-39 (the group "old enought to know better" was the quote from the gate). I still sucked, but I sucked 30 seconds less than last time, so I'm happy with it.

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
jimmydean said:
Yup, Sport 30-39 (the group "old enought to know better" was the quote from the gate). I still sucked, but I sucked 30 seconds less than last time, so I'm happy with it.
lol, yea, i was there when they saying that. i ran with a bare chainring because my chainguide didnt come in time for the race, so i dropped a chain ever 5 seconds, i had to stop like 3 times, and down firehydrant just coast it, and ran accross the finish, bad times, bu still fun!

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
SteezyWeezy said:
lol, yea, i was there when they saying that. i ran with a bare chainring because my chainguide didnt come in time for the race, so i dropped a chain ever 5 seconds, i had to stop like 3 times, and down firehydrant just coast it, and ran accross the finish, bad times, bu still fun!
I saw you run across the finish, nice job. As long as you cross with your bike and have you helmet on, your good. :thumb:

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
jimmydean said:
I saw you run across the finish, nice job. As long as you cross with your bike and have you helmet on, your good. :thumb:
lol, yea, i was losin spped, so i just ran, lol, i didnt have a chain down all fire hydrant, super fun race though

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It wasn't that Cannonball was smother overall, but the lines seemed a lot more defined. I have wicked bad line choice and when I got around the corner to the top of the nasty section, I was happy to see a solid line cut that seemed perfect for me.

Like I said, I cut about 30 seconds off my time and it was all on the top.

elRey

Turbo Monkey
dh gangster said:
yea dude that race was bomb
i took first in 18 and under sport.
was it me, or did cannonball seem smoother?
O HAI
i got third

i was still pretty sketchy down cannonball, but i was pinnin it down fire hydrant and the stuff before cannonball. the open face on the left side of cannonball just scares the sh!t out of me. plus its hella loose and i can hardly ever stay on my line.:cool:

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Sorry, I missed that race. I HAD to go to Crankworx for work. I skipped setting up the booth Sunday and rode. My bike felt really good and I liked the roughest trails the best. Someone needs to MAKE me start racing more local DH races.

Aaron nobs, Paul, Kit, Issac, and Scotty were all up there, as were a few WSFR guys like Jamie.
Tim

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
elRey said:
O HAI
i got third

i was still pretty sketchy down cannonball, but i was pinnin it down fire hydrant and the stuff before cannonball. the open face on the left side of cannonball just scares the sh!t out of me. plus its hella loose and i can hardly ever stay on my line.:cool:
thats cuz u ride a kona:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
TWISTED said:
Sorry, I missed that race. I HAD to go to Crankworx for work. I skipped setting up the booth Sunday and rode. My bike felt really good and I liked the roughest trails the best. Someone needs to MAKE me start racing more local DH races.

Aaron nobs, Paul, Kit, Issac, and Scotty were all up there, as were a few WSFR guys like Jamie.
Tim
i just went up to post with jamie and his new bottlerocket today, that bike is money. tim, we should go riding sometime, ill now be seen riding a 9.5 :)

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
SteezyWeezy said:
i just went up to post with jamie and his new bottlerocket today, that bike is money. tim, we should go riding sometime, ill now be seen riding a 9.5 :)
After my hand heals, I definitely want to do some technical, rough, steep DH. Let's see if you can keep up with someone 21 years older than you:thumb:

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
SteezyWeezy said:
how long are you out?
I don't know if my thumb is fractured or sprained. I'm not going to give a doctor $1,000 to tell me to take it easy, use ice, and take ibuprofen for pain.:rolleyes: It'll be OK in a couple weeks.

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
exactly what my approach would be. but yea, we should go postal when ur healed, you could show me how to deal with this monster of a bike! (that i absolutly love ;)) lol, ive prgressed a little since the last time you saw me with a cuncussion off a pussy jump.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
SteezyWeezy said:
exactly what my approach would be. but yea, we should go postal when ur healed, you could show me how to deal with this monster of a bike! (that i absolutly love ;)) lol, ive prgressed a little since the last time you saw me with a cuncussion off a pussy jump.

Really? Show me a photo of you hitting something that's not a pussy jump.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
elRey said:
Yeah, him and Sponsel barely were able to register. I think Harley did alright though, even without any practice. Not a bad person to choose to rep your city. :rolleyes:
If doing alright is winning by 10 seconds, then yes, I think he did alright. :rofl:

And yeah, he is a bit of a nutter at times.

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
elRey said:
WAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT A SECOND.

If I remember correctly, I beat you, by a minute and seventeen seconds. You shouldn't have stopped. It would have been faster IMO.
i bet ur prou of urself, u beat a person with a part missing from his bike:rolleyes: