Quantcast

Hooray!

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
I just got back from my first century.

I finished in 8Hours 35minutes

From that, subtract 30 minutes when i flated twice, had to find a tube from another rider. and about another 40 minutes for the four rest stops we had and I stopped at, so i had 7 hours and 25 minutes of saddle time

It was fun. I need to go shower. thanks for all the help :monkey:'s

* Oh yea, it rained for about half the ride, YAY!*

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Congo Rats and outstanding! :thumb:

Elaborate on your day... did you ride with anyone for any significant amount of time? How was your food/fuel intake? Where there any interesting sights? How'd you feel at mile 80? 90?

I remember at my second century that I mis-read the profile and thought I had another five miles of climbing at mile 92 after a rough day, including an hour of 30 mph sustained headwinds on the downhill where I had to hammer just to maintain 12mph. Almost called the sag wagon when someone stopped for a breather and told me that I had only a mile left of climbing. I ripped up the climb and flew past everyone for the last 10 miles back to the start. The emotional rollercoaster reminded me of when mommy used to send me out to play on the mood swings.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
I rode with a guy from the start to the end of the first climb. He got a flat. So on the second climb , I tore people up. I was leading a group of people and it we made it up the hardest climb for the day ( in the rain no less) in record time and then was the first rest stop. I just had some juice, a banana, and a cup of coffee ( it was cold and rainy outside) I left and I stayed by myself until the end of the 3rd and final climb. I seemed to be faster than the slow folks, but not as fast as the fast guys. 2nd rest stop. More juice and baked goodies, stopped for about 5 minutes and then bolted up the third climb. made that climb and went downhill, noticed my arms starting to tire. so after the 5000 ft of climbing in the first 50 miles, it was now lunch time, and I pigged out. 2 turkey sandwiches, half a box of cheez-its, water, raisins, and 2 cookies. This after this stop, is when it was mostly flat, so i drafted behind people untill they tired, or i did, nothing longer than a few miles. about mile 75, I flatted. I changed it, Found out my spare was flat, And I flipped out. Cussing, i threw my pump and broke it, I was about ready to cry because I was so mad and tired. Another rider gave me a spare tube and yet another helped me put it on, because i was fumbling around so much. I got that fixed and took off for the last leg, which i did about 15 miles in a nice draft line. We had a pace of about 25 miles an hour and it was fun. Got back and drank a bunch of orange juice and I went home. The end.

* I noticed that the thing that was the most tired, was not my legs, but my arms and shoulders.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Good story! I love the emotional highs and lows that happen during a day. You went from happiness and fun to despair back to happy :D

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Serial Midget said:
Yeah... any fat bottomed girls?

Yea, I almost took her out when i was drafting behind her. a car honked and she slammed on her brakes.........Skank

I was really nervous this morning, but overall, I had fun. I thought it was cool. A must do for later

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
awesome! it was really,really,really windy this weekend for i ended up only doing 70 solo. it was tough. there were times when i was going strait into the wind at 13mph at 85% of hrm :o
but then i got up sunday and did another 3:30 of urban mtbing.
lots o fun. cept for the wind we had awesome weather. we've actually had 4 weeks of spring this year. i do believe it's over however.
t