Quantcast

Hope Brake question, regarding the Spot facer.

dlb

Monkey
Apr 15, 2004
socal
Hello, well Im on my way to installing the Hopes. Im going to run a Mono M4 in the front with a 205mm rotor and a Mono Mini in the rear with a 160mm rotor. I might bite the bullit an get a M4 in the rear later on and save the Mini for the lighter trail bike.
So my question is regarding the Spot brake tool, I used it on the swing arm with no problems, looks like I might still have to fiddle around and add another spacer, can you get day light on both sides of the rotor?

I can see it will work on a standard QR fork, but will the Spot work on a 20mm front fork? or does it need not to be faced? If so, is there an adapter that I need?

Thanks, Bob

Originally posted by dlb
Hello, well Im on my way to installing the Hopes. Im going to run a Mono M4 in the front with a 205mm rotor and a Mono Mini in the rear with a 160mm rotor. I might bite the bullit an get a M4 in the rear later on and save the Mini for the lighter trail bike.
So my question is regarding the Spot brake tool, I used it on the swing arm with no problems, looks like I might still have to fiddle around and add another spacer, can you get day light on both sides of the rotor?

I can see it will work on a standard QR fork, but will the Spot work on a 20mm front fork? or does it need not to be faced? If so, is there an adapter that I need?

Thanks, Bob

Yes, the Spot facer tool comes with the shaft ( at least the one I have) that is 20mm diameter to fit on 20mm forks. Works like a champ.

dlb

Monkey
Apr 15, 2004
socal
Sorry for double posting,

Thanks everyone, I just wasnt sure if it would work, it doesnt look like it will though, are you using the same shaft as the rear?

Because the QR shaft would be to short, right?

dlb

Monkey
Apr 15, 2004
socal
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
Does your 20mm axle work?
I didnt try it, I have a Manitou fork and I used a Hope adapter to convert a IS#3 caliper with a 180mm rotor, to a 200mm rotor, so I didnt use the Spot at all on the adapter, perhaps I should though.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by dlb
I didnt try it, I have a Manitou fork and I used a Hope adapter to convert a IS#3 caliper with a 180mm rotor, to a 200mm rotor, so I didnt use the Spot at all on the adapter, perhaps I should though.
You can try.

dlb

Monkey
Apr 15, 2004
socal
Brain is correct, I talked to Hope this morning and was told to use your own 20mm axle. In case anyone wants to know.

Thanks all!