Quantcast

Hope Help!!!?!?!

V10 PA

Chimp
Mar 21, 2004
I recently got my first HOPE breaks , the mono m4's sent to me from the factory and mmm they look very sweet. The rear is on and feels very good but the front break feels like crap, almost goes all the way back to the bar and has little stoping power. Is this normal for new hope breaks?? Are there any adjustments i can do to help this?? I know i need to break the front break in to make it be the best it can be, but wow it really feels bad and almost sketchty to ride.
Could it also maybe be from riding hayes for a really long time???

Any tips to help this, I have a race this weekend and I HOPE i dont have to bleed this brand new break.

Thanks

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Well........sounds like you have some air in the system. Front brakes are easy to bleed though, ask for Brian HCM (he'll most likley post) about the problems. He is kinda the Hope guy on the :monkey:

Hope is very easy to talk to if you have to. If no luck try giving them a ring

HGR Frucci

Chimp
Feb 18, 2004
K12
I cut my lines and lost a little fluid when re-attaching the hose. Ended up with the same characteristics you mentioned. Re-bled, rode for an hour, and the brakes are perfect.

Go for the re-bleed and ride them. They seem to take a little more time to break in than Hayes, but once they're ready LOOK OUT:eek: .