Quantcast

Hope lever for sale - *cough*barely used*cough*

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Going into the first woods/rock garden I pushed to hard and overshot the corner, tried to hold the line and ended up off side of the rock garden. I endo'd through the rocks and landed on my hand and shoulder. I'm guessing the front brake lever hit a rock, and the rear lever I bent out with my thigh (hard enough that my thigh bled through my shorts). I was pissed but I got up to finish the run and i couldn't roll my bike. I thought the wheel was wrecked but i saw it was straight, thats when I noticed my front brake. It had bent into a pretzel and was wedged against my grip keeping it firmly planted against my bars.

It is my first ever DNF.

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Originally posted by S.G.D
ouch :(

hope that doesn't cost you an arm and a leg.

speaking of leg, how is urs?

~SGD
The leg is fine but I screwed up my right hand really badly. I'll probably go for x-rays on monday... god I hope I'm okay for Bromont.

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Thanks guys.

On a happy note, this is the first time I've really been able to rip the Turner and I absolutely love it. It's the best/most fun bike I've ever owned.

Originally posted by Fury
First race of the season and I pushed too hard - lesson learned. Unfortunately the hopes didn't stand a chance..

*speaking in homer's voice* i'll pay no more than 10 cents for it.....how do i know it worked?

lisa: but do you see any bears around here?

homer: i'll take it!!!

:)
damn dude, that looks like a bad bang in the bads sense......glad you're still okay....

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Got back from the hospital earlier - x-rays reveal a crack on my ring finger. It's not separated though so it should be okay. They couldn't see a fracture on my scaphoid but where the doc was pushing to check it was very painful so it's now in a temp cast until I see an orthopedic surgeon on Thursday morning. I also got an AC shoulder separation that hurts but should be okay in a few weeks. All in all not great news but not terrible news.

I should be okay to race Bromont which I'm stoked about.