Quantcast

Hope Moto FR

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
On the french hope site they have some info on the Moto FR. Some interesting stuff:

25% increased power supposedly over the M4 / mono6

Floating semi Disc ventilated Ø203mm
The ventilated disc was designed especially for extreme conditions. The wings between the two discs allow a more effective cooling of the disc. In addition to that, the temperature of the disc is lower by 15% with the vented floating disc vs the conventional floating disc without the vents. Another positive outside of cooler temperatures on the disc itself is that the vents increase performance in the wet because of better drainage.

[more]

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme,

To quote Hopes site;

The brake won’t replace anything in the range, but will sit between a MM4 and a Mono 6. It will be Post mount caliper only, working with the bracket system - and only on 203mm rotors.
This could be the most powerful brake you’ve ever used.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
They had them on show at The Fort Bill WC in a lime green.
The discs are vented in the middle and are suppose to offer better braking performance and with less fade.
Until this proven I will stick with my Saints

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Sandwich said:
I bet they're the heaviest brakes on the market. Thick two piece rotors, massive levers....yeah i bet they're chunky
and i bet they weigh as much as hayes. if not lighter. those rotors weigh less then regular rotors.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
now that is one hot freaking brake set-up! I bet the cost on 'em is going to be awfully high but with an (claimed) increase in power over the 4's or 6's they just might be worth it

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Hope knows what they're doing with rotors. Their 2 piece rotors are really light already. 90g for a 160mm disc, compared to hayes/shimano that range 110-140g.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
DHS said:
i just want the new lever design
You will need to buy the full brake as that lever will not work with any current hope brake,As I was told from one of the hope techs

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
konastab01 said:
You will need to buy the full brake as that lever will not work with any current hope brake,As I was told from one of the hope techs
LAME!

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
I wondered when people would try this technology again. Remember way back when SHimano was thinking about coming out with their first disk brake? Back when they came out with the Shimano Airlines. Even before the 4 pot XTs...they had a ventilated rotor with a three pad (left right and center) system. Apparently the only set to ever make it to the US was snatched up by a Socal Local inside guy. I remember a review that said they were so powerful that they guy actually had to apply brake fluid to the rotors cuz they would just simply lock up no matter how fast you were going or how much weight you had on the front end.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I do remember that...but these look to be two pads...and the rotor is more of a "vaned" setup like you might find on a car than a split rotor, judging from the pics.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
:drool:

OK, this time I might have to take Brian's advice and buy Hope. Those are some dead sexy brakes.

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
damn, as much as mono6's . they better be good then. can i get one in ano red and one in ano blue?

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
a little bit of an overkill if you ask me...
didn't ask you. besides they still say the mono6s are a little stronger. i have them, the be strong. but these are lighter still with the new rotor and pack a punch. plus they're the new greatest thing. so i want
:cheers:

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
Bump.

I looked these thing up today in the '07 QBP catalog and the MSRP is roughly $500...PER SIDE. Holy Sh1t.

EDIT: That price was for the 203mm vented disc (the new badass one).

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Bump.

I looked these thing up today in the '07 QBP catalog and the MSRP is roughly $500...PER SIDE. Holy Sh1t.

yea noticed that too. would love to own a set, but dear god.

there's a couple locals here that i know picked some up. i'll have to go test them out and see.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Bump.

Uhh, no they are not. I just looked them up in the QBP catalog and with standard markup they would NOT be $500 per side.

In QBP, for the same model year, the Motos are exactly $31 more than the M6, that's wholesale.

Make no mistake, the motos are expensive, but they are not $500 a wheel.