Quantcast

Hope Tech V2

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
You think im joking.
Maybe they work for you, but my line busted and after a while the caliper-seal gave way and when I used the brakes in extreme situations it would bleed fluid due to the 2-piece caliper design (my mags). I also have doubts as to whether the hayes is truely an "open" system. There is a bladder in the handle, but it doesn't seem to do all that much to prevent pump-up/fade. The HFX9s were a joke in terms of quality. Function was nothing special. My mono M4s have been solid from when I purchased em (2005). Same with my old DH4s, solid from when I got em (1999). The thing about them bleeding like other brakes (auto/mx, etc) is completely true, and I gotta say that hayes and avid reliability/quality has never amazed me. My codes still howl like banshees. My hopes have not always been totally silent (they usually are, but every once and a while you'll hear somethnig), but it's a different level of noise/vibration with my codes.

Last edited:
Dont get me wrong hopes are awesme and simple ( to maintain).
I have had a set of mags since 2003 aswell, they have only been bled once, and they work like a champ.
I think the hopes are a little strong and dont have much bite.

No matter what brake you have they are going to sound like turkeys from time to time.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Hayes Mags have served me well over the years, but running Michi 2.8 and 2.5 rubber it seemed like I had more tire than stopping power, and I've improved and am riding faster than I used to. So I just slapped a set of Moto V2 (floating rotors, not vented) stoppers on the Faith and tried 'em out today.

Awesome. Gotta learn to use a light touch though, they come on NOW.