Quantcast

// Hot enough gmt? \\

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i remember as a kid when it used to rain and it would actually cool the fuck off afterwards....

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I don't normally run without a shirt on, but I got one mile into my track workout this morning and had to ditch the shirt. Even after just one mile, it was completely soaked in sweat. I ran 7 more miles after that in some god awful heat and humidity, and that was at 5:30 in the morning. The temp was a tolerable 80 degrees, but that 75 dew point made it unbearable and it was hard to breathe. :dead: Glad to get it done though. And there were two other stupid assholes just like me who were circling the track at that hour. Now, I am back in the office for some glorious Saturday work.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Working 7-5 after working 5-10 last night. Not the ideal back to back schedule. At least today gets 10% of my yearly weekend working requirement out of the way.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
53* this morning by the San Francisco Bay. Work starts in 25 minutes which means I walk 1/4 mile from the camper to the competition arena and do nothing but watch women in tight wide pants ride horses for 8 hours, grab a paycheck and drive 55 miles home. Espresso be good this morning.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You hear back about that Nicolai?
He never responded and it was marked as sold, so some sucker paid full price. I will buy a Commencal 29" DHer with high likelihood in about 3 weeks, though. Demo day arranged and I shall bring it up to Winter Park to wring it out.

I dropped six and a half pounds working outside yesterday, 4% of body mass...
water weight, not mass. no?
Depends on the mass of shit(s) he may have deposited during the day.

Fork done, front brake fix'rd, already muggy out at a WHOPPING 78* and 25% humidity.
Agreed. Felt muggy this morning. 25% humidity is intolerable.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
He never responded and it was marked as sold, so some sucker paid full price. I will buy a Commencal 29" DHer with high likelihood in about 3 weeks, though. Demo day arranged and I shall bring it up to Winter Park to wring it out.

Depends on the mass of shit(s) he may have deposited during the day.

Agreed. Felt muggy this morning. 25% humidity is intolerable.
If I was in the market for a dh bike the commencal would def be on my short list, that bike is a great value. Curious to hear what you think.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Currently 93 freedoms. Humidity at 60% makes it feel like 115°. I believe it. Had brunch at a beach this morning and we left at noon caus' it was too hot.

going to do groceries now.

edited to add: there was an article about heat waves and climate change in the NYT yesterday. I found it funny that they used photos of people fainting from the heat at Trump rallies to describe the dangers of the heat...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Its 90 here with 1989% Humidity. I went out side and got heatstroke. I turned around at the end of driveway. And went back inside. I am fine now. I just needed a Fudgesicle to fix me up.....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Had a small bite of ganache with dinner last night and didn't go to bed until 12am. Spent this am working on small repairs getting the M ready for sale. Found a penny wedged in the door which was keeping the window shade from closing properly. Thank you Haley.

Looking at all the Tier 2 bikes now - GT Force, YT Capara and Jeffsey, used Tier 1 bikes (Intense Carbine, Evil Reckoning, Yeti 130, etc). Finding 29" bikes that are my size with the budget I want is hard. Anybody know anything about the Felt?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Had a small bite of ganache with dinner last night and didn't go to bed until 12am. Spent this am working on small repairs getting the M ready for sale. Found a penny wedged in the door which was keeping the window shade from closing properly. Thank you Haley.

Looking at all the Tier 2 bikes now - GT Force, YT Capara and Jeffsey, used Tier 1 bikes (Intense Carbine, Evil Reckoning, Yeti 130, etc). Finding 29" bikes that are my size with the budget I want is hard. Anybody know anything about the Felt?
Not sure what you're budgeting or what travel, but I'd be looking at the Fezzari La Sal Peak or Commencal Meta AM and down to more trail bike the Commencal Meta TR 29 as I know you're not fussed by the Guerrilla's.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
@stoney I will pay for you to rent a META Power 29 Signature in XL and tool around with me for a day. :D They have such a thing in their Golden rental fleet.

(That'd be their moped one)

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Dad was diacharged from the hospital today after his hip replacement surgery. We're at his home and relaxing on the couch. Transcript of an actual conversation follows...

Me: I'm gonna sit down for a minute. Do you need anything?

Dad: Not at the moment. I'll wait until you sit down.

Me: :monkey:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
@stoney I will pay for you to rent a META Power 29 Signature in XL and tool around with me for a day. :D They have such a thing in their Golden rental fleet.

(That'd be their moped one)
I'll be getting a bike, thank you very much.

Not sure what you're budgeting or what travel, but I'd be looking at the Fezzari La Sal Peak or Commencal Meta AM and down to more trail bike the Commencal Meta TR 29 as I know you're not fussed by the Guerrilla's.
I'd never heard of Fezzari before. Looks pretty cool.