Quantcast

Hot Metal

SyT

Chimp
Aug 26, 2005
Thanks!
The bar angle really isn't that weird on a 29r. The bars are Salsa with an 11° bend. I tilt the bars forward some so that the sweep of the bars also becomes rise. They feel like a riser bar, just without the extra height of one.

Yeah, I recognize the bar, I used 11 in the past and now 17, but on either, anything above level killed my wrists. I'm now slightly tilted down, maybe 2 deg or so. Like I said, everyone has their way.

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
I'm running tubes, which in this case is probably lighter than or equal to tubeless in weight. It has Maxxis Flyweight 92g 26" tubes with Rox rim strips. Usually run 23-25 psi and ride a lot of rocky trails, never flatted this bike on the trail (fingers crossed).

Drevil

Chimp
Apr 11, 2004
But, if I had to say, it looks like a Jones and an EWR OWB got together for a night of sweet, sweet, luvin'! :biggrin:
This is exactly what I was thinking when I first saw it. Since I love the way those two look, I guess that means I have to love this one too :cupidarrow: Low-slung TT bikes are the shiz...as long as they aren't mixte! :D

Metelhead

Chimp
Aug 25, 2009
1st- Amazing Ride- you are one lucky SOB!

Tell how the Ti spokes are working with big wheels- in terms of flex and comfort...I'm a big guy about 210 6'2" and I used(I was still 6'2" but closer to 190) to run Ti Twisty spokes on my XC full spendy- which I loved cause built right they rarely needed attention and were light as hell and just seems to flow....

Those design elements I could see more of for future 29ers...I have friends who just have issues getting the 29ers to fit in all the right places to work properly.....but me- I picked up a giant xtc 29er and I think its the first bike that actually fits me...

thanks

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
Thanks!

The ti spoked wheels have held up great. After the first couple rides I added some more tension to account for any initial stretch. I choose a hub with larger flanges and a taller rim so the spokes would be shorter in length. The eyeleted rim is able to hold the high tension of the spokes (Stans rims will not work). They seem to have a little extra spring to them compared to a normal wheel and have held true. You can see what kind of riding I do. The only bad thing is the price of the spokes. Are they really worth the extra bucks, probably not, double butted steel spokes would work great too.