Quantcast

::::: House hunting Sunday ::::::

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Got an update job offer with more money and vacation time. Looking a a house I hope to put in an offer on tomorrow. Second row from the water so good option to paddle board and spear fishing, mtb trails close by and a really good route for road biking outside the door and still only 20 min bike ride for the new job.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Happy mothers day to all the mothers. My boys' mother requested that I take them away for the day. At the Y now. They will play video games, swim in the pool and play in the indoor play structure. This afternoon we will watch Lego batman at the discount cinema.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Mother's Day. Currently waiting in line for donuts. There are probably 45 people in line.
Hung out with @Nick and Haley yesterday afternoon. I have a great picture of the two I'll let him post if he wants.
Otherwise I have new parts for the ht to start mounting and lots of housework to do.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
HI.
Woke up this morning, called Mom, and made a pot of coffee without the lid on the pot. One giant mess and a second pot later, I'm feeling like a ride. Also, the past few Winters I've been glad to get away from my bike and ski, but this year it's really tough getting my legs back under me. Never again.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Mrs. 6thElement friended me as well--must be the stupor from the painkillers. I thought I'd be greeted with a photo of the damage on her page but nothing.

In a bit I'm rounding up the family and braving the crowds at Rolling Pin Bakery. On the docket for this evening is finding a good Thai place, the perpetual unsolved problem here in Denver...

Edit: Also chatted with my parents for nearly an hour. I'm not a chatty person. :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Rolling Pin was totally sold out of baked goods as of 11 AM. Mother's Day craziness. Since we already were a bit south I took the initiative and led us to Thai Pot way down south on Colorado. Excellent Thai food there, which is one of my complaints about (our corner) of Denver.

On the drive back I was even musing that down the road, after debts and the like are gone, I'd be down to invest in one of the good restaurants opening another location across the way in Commerce City. Stapleton is a dead zone for ethnic cuisine save for the cash-only, takeout-only Thai Street Food on Montview, which is the wrong side of Stapleton for me anyway...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I called my mom and found out she likes to go hiking at popular spots, gather large flat rocks, take them home and paint inspirational sayings on them before returning them to where she found them. It's her new thing.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
:wave:

up since probably around 2:45 or so. Slept like absolute dog shit since I shaved off my beard. I doubt that's coincidence.

Call your mothers.
This must be a Ginger Spring cuz I still can't get any fucking rest either. All day I chased some sleep to no avail.

Tomorrow, baring any disasters, I'll finish up my orders and book a hotel in Brevard for later this week. Nothing but sleep, schredding Pisgah gnar, shed time, and tacos. But with my luck something will derail my plans.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
This must be a Ginger Spring cuz I still can't get any fucking rest either. All day I chased some sleep to no avail.

Tomorrow, baring any disasters, I'll finish up my orders and book a hotel in Brevard for later this week. Nothing but sleep, schredding Pisgah gnar, shed time, and tacos. But with my luck something will derail my plans.
Not if you are in control. Just make it happen. :thumb:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Another ride in the books today. 5 consecutive days with hard charging, fast as hell rides equals me being pooped the hell out.

Todays ride was awesome. Perfect temps, tiny sprinkle of rain and sun. Though I did rip a shirt on a tree that came out of no where and punched a different tree, which almost sent me OTB in a root section. Good times.