Quantcast

::::: House hunting Sunday ::::::

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I called my mom and found out she likes to go hiking at popular spots, gather large flat rocks, take them home and paint inspirational sayings on them before returning them to where she found them. It's her new thing.
Some fucking hippy is doing this shit by me. I contemplated throwing them into the river.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
As strong as my hammer-foo is, I can't do anything about, client's schedules, the weather, or bank deposit schedules. But I getcha, will not fail from lack of trying.
For the cost of a few hotel nights, you can get yourself a bitchin tent, sleep pad, and bag. Then you can stop worrying about ride trips being contingent upon getting paid.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Power washed the fence this afternoon. It hasn't been done in at least 5 years. Four hours and I am only halfway done. I stil nees to finishing the cleaning, then stain it. Ugh. Homeownership ftl.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
did mother's day type stuff with fam, MIL and BIL. went for a hike along a river that has a bunch of old canal/lock ruins and apparently the largest concentration of spider lilies in the country. who knew? replaced screen in door on porch, so no more mosquitoes. figured out logistics for mountains monday ride with a bunch of random people tomorrow. should be . . . interesting. beers now, doing some proactive work stuff so no one bothers me tomorrow.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
@jstuhlman Weather is looking good for the mountains this week. Taking some newbies to Wilson's on Monday eh ?
yep - haven't ridden since 4/21 . . . one guy i have ridden with, two i haven't, one of whom has never been to wilsons. we're taking a pretty easy route, and shuttling some of the crappy fire road climb, so with 75* temps and a shuttle should be a great day for all! might try to hold monday the 22 if you can make it . . .

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
yep - haven't ridden since 4/21 . . . one guy i have ridden with, two i haven't, one of whom has never been to wilsons. we're taking a pretty easy route, and shuttling some of the crappy fire road climb, so with 75* temps and a shuttle should be a great day for all! might try to hold monday the 22 if you can make it . . .
Where do ya'll usually meet up ? We used to meet at a spot called the Dirt Mounds right off 181.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I have got to at least hit Yancey this year. It's getting close to twenty years since I last rode it. Can only imagine how much it's changed or how more difficult it is to find the trailhead. Ruts from hell at tire buzzing steepness. Yee ha !

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Where do ya'll usually meet up ? We used to meet at a spot called the Dirt Mounds right off 181.
usually somewhere between craig creek road/brown mountain beach rd. and edgemont, depending on where we're riding. Dirt Mounds was the OG spot, when Raspberry/Greentown/Beehive/Hedley's shuttles was on tap. Now most rides are centralized a bit to the east.
I have got to at least hit Yancey this year. It's getting close to twenty years since I last rode it. Can only imagine how much it's changed or how more difficult it is to find the trailhead. Ruts from hell at tire buzzing steepness. Yee ha !
Yep. It's probably different . . . but the same as you remembered. Lemme know when you want some . . .