Quantcast

How are y'all watching the olympics?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Didn't snowboarding rip everything off of skateboarding which was a rip off of surfing which is basically a canoe that can't be swamped?
if you're looking at it through a cynical monocle.

skateboarding came about from dudes that wanted to surf but didn't live close to the ocean. snowboarding was the drunken bastard child of skateboards who lived in places with winter.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Everytime someone starts talking about "the carving revolution" I point out that this was basically just ripped off snowboards. It actually wasn't anything new anymore. Rocker technology is the same.
But nobody ever says: "We adapted this technology from snowboards because it makes turning better or lets the skis float easier in pow."
I feel like snowboarding doesn't get the recognition which it deserves regarding innovation and style, atleast here in europe.
pretty much. they shit all over it until they started ripping off all the ideas.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The Olympics is the first time I've found myself wishing for cable since we dropped it. Not enough to do anything about it tho.

Also. I wanna see a figure skater do a routine to this song

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
How are y'all watching the olympics?
IN 4K BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, no. Found that the Xbox one, before the "X" and/or "S" does not support 4K throughput..... so I'll have to put up with a peasantry 1080p HD...

And I seem to miss the good stuff. Lorts of figure skating on when I have time to sit with a beer and watch....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
IN 4K BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, no. Found that the Xbox one, before the "X" and/or "S" does not support 4K throughput..... so I'll have to put up with a peasantry 1080p HD...

And I seem to miss the good stuff. Lorts of figure skating on when I have time to sit with a beer and watch....
Figure skating would be a lot more interesting if all the contestants were on the rink at the same time, with sticks, and maybe a couple of goals.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

You should see her interviews with Czech media. She is so nice and humble, making fun of herself. Congrats, Ester!

PS Fuck NBC for not having broadcasted the event live.