Quantcast

How crowded is a N* race weekend?

goin' medium

Chimp
Jul 31, 2003
Newark, CA
Howdy,
I am planning on going to N* on the 14th and 15th of August, and I just found out that there is a race there on the 15th (I know, I should've checked). How busy is the mountain on Saturday before a race. Will we catch a lot of attitude for doing slow fun runs on Karpiel and Pho-dog? What runs will be shut down on Sunday and when? Will the lift lines suck all weekend. Thanks for the help.

I was at a race weekend by accident last year with the slow chair lift, and it sucked! Crazy long lines. Racer were worried they would miss their start times.

Scott

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Typical satudays before a race aren't anything unusual other than the majority of the people are riding one route. If anyone gives you attitude, give it right back. You paid for a lift ticket just like everyone else.

Race days can be annoying depending on the course which may intersect other trails, causing them to be closed. I avoid race days and find somewhere else to ride. Got an xc bike? The cross country riding up here is much more varied and enjoyable in my opinion. I'd be happy to direct you to some of it.