Quantcast

How did you spend your rainy saturday?

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
You are draining a swimming hole :)

We spent all day yesterday shuttling seymour with a bazillion other riders who most likely thought nobody else would be out in the rain :) Conditions were amazing for the first half of the day, but they went to hell quickly for the 2nd half.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
rode grand ridge in the morning with friends, then went test driving trucks in the afternoon.

Certified Drunk

SVT-Lightning
Feb 17, 2002
Zippy's Burgers
You are draining a swimming hole :)

We spent all day yesterday shuttling seymour with a bazillion other riders who most likely thought nobody else would be out in the rain :) Conditions were amazing for the first half of the day, but they went to hell quickly for the 2nd half.

I was there 3 weeks ago and that place is beat down, like the prom queen after a gang bang. Frome isn't much better.

Jun 18, 2004
slept in till 1pm... transfered insurance to my new WRX...
played Colin McRae Rally/ran financial projections for a mortgage... Rode up to Cap Hill from Ballard to meet friends for dinner... (on AM bike)
Rode home and chickey came over around 1030pm...

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
Celebrated our 6th anniversary with some chicken tenders from the hot-case at Thriftway. Funny how a baby will change things! :P

cm16white

Monkey
Apr 16, 2006
shoreline
worked then drove up 38 till i got stuck in about 15" of snow then took about an hour to get out of said snow and back down the mountain by my self bad move to go alone

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
WTA Grand Ridge work
We went in off Issaquah Fall City road. The days work brought us about 10 feet short of the end of the existing trail. 15 folks showed up including 2 middle school age kids; they were great, give them something to destroy and they were all over it. Dead camera battery means no photos. It was realy warm and the rain held off until I got home. Please don’t ride the new trail until it’s had a chance to compact.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
me and my main man joe danger rode bikes with cave until it got too wet. i fell twice and bruised both of my hips... wait, do people have 2 hips or just 1?

brakecheck

Chimp
Nov 28, 2006
olympia,wa
dude, that was one of my enticing attractions for my shuttle sunday rides. i call it splash mountain, just kiddin"...thanks for spewing the h2o out of our way. ride on.-brakecheck justin:monkeydance:

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Rippin' top to bottom 'Nash/Adrenalin/Felsen runs at Alpy. Demoing different skis to see which ones I want to add to the winter quiver.

Oly, I'm finally adding a bigger bike to the summer quiver with a used Stab.

Jun 18, 2004
worked then drove up 38 till i got stuck in about 15" of snow then took about an hour to get out of said snow and back down the mountain by my self bad move to go alone
I did that back in Dec and I think I over heated the transfer case and engine on the Comanche... not the best thinking on my part either!... eventually I will need a ARB bumper/warn winch before I try that again!...

redFoxx

Monkey
Apr 15, 2005
Seattle
Raining in Port Orchard, reluctantly got in the van to go ride at Lake Sawyer, pleasantly surprised that it was clear over there. We rode a couple hours and no rain! This was 10:00 - noon. Lucky us. Encountered rain all the way back home...

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
I was there 3 weeks ago and that place is beat down, like the prom queen after a gang bang. Frome isn't much better.

Trail days are coming soon but right now most everywhere is beaten to **** :(

Next weekend is supposed to be sunny around here...I bet there is a line up the road to get to two seven :P

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Went to the Cask Beer Fest....All you can drink for 4 hours = 30 bucks. Then went on a pub crawl round Sea-town for the next 8 hours. O....m....g.....Oddly enough, I was actually a functioning member of society on Sunday...

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Where in China were ya?

Im headed back on the 9th. 1 week Tokyo, 1 week GZ. Should be fun...
GZ - it was cold and rainy.

We hit up a Japanese restaurant for teppenyaki - all you can eat for 168rmb.

Then hit the Hill Bar to listen to the Filipino ladies sing and then Cave for some dancing. Fun times.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
GZ - it was cold and rainy.

We hit up a Japanese restaurant for teppenyaki - all you can eat for 168rmb.

Then hit the Hill Bar to listen to the Filipino ladies sing and then Cave for some dancing. Fun times.

Sweet. Gotta love the exchange rate.

Ive never been to the cave... but have heard stories.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Sweet. Gotta love the exchange rate.

Ive never been to the cave... but have heard stories.
Oh, the japanese restaurant was all you can drink too - you should've seen the amount of sake bottles we had at the end of it. We started drinking with the Korean's at our table and then the French chick and here friends at the other table. Way too much.

The Cave is cool - just gotta wade through the hookers outside the doors waiting to pounce on drunk westerners.