Quantcast

how do i do this?

May 4, 2004
a computer near you!
i'm already skinny. no matter the amount of food i shovel in my face, i stay at 100lbs. and that is just the problem, i eat a lot, and a lot of the food is junk. i try to eat the healthy stuff, and its easy because i love healthy food, but then the junk food in my house calls my name and i go back to my un healthy habbit of eating junk. How can i keep on track, and stay away from the bad stuff?? i'd like some pointers before i end up having a heart attack at a young age.:dead:

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Get rid of the unhealthy food in your house first of all, that'll make temptation not a big deal.

If you want to gain weight healthily then increase your protein intake and start doing some weights, you'll tone up and gain healthy muscle. I'm similar to you in that I can eat absolutely anything and everything and not gain a bit of fat(regularily eat more than my 180lb roommate and I'm 140)...good genetics, be thankful.

Once you get into a program, especially if you have a partner you will want to keep noticing gains. Naturally you will stop eating the junk food(not altogether, but for the most part). If you are riding alot be sure to throw in plenty of carbs, none of that atkins crap.

As for the heart attack, unless you have a family history of heart problems I wouldn't be too worried. If you do, get your cholestral checked. I did and despite that I could run a sub-5 minute mile and was running/riding/playing soccer/hiking every week I had cholestral in the danger zone(the bad genetics). A year of cutting out some certain foods and increasing the amount of greens helped solve that and I', still high, but in the healthy range.

The Ito

bbmj

Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
Eastbay
Two simple things, get rid of all the junk food in your house, like the post above said, and number two, eat, eat until you are sick, and i mean sick, wanting to barf, gaining weight for skinny people is like loosing weight for fat people, it takes sacrifices and hard work. Another thing you might try is drinking a gallon of chocolater milk, or gatorade every day. This should not affect your hunger, and the extra calories will really help with the weight gain.
Gaining weight is hard, so expect to have to do some work, eat eat and eat a little more, if you keep that up, the weight will come on.