Quantcast

How I learned to stop worrying and love the 3rd Gulf War

kghoscht

Chimp
Oct 17, 2001
Somewhere in Time
Well, maybe they don't look all that much alike :(

Anyways, I was watching Dr Strangelove last night and as soon as I saw George C. Scott (RIP :( ) I thought of Gen Franks.

"If the pilot's good, I mean if he's reeeally sharp, he can barrel that thing in so low, oh it's a sight to see. You wouldn't expect it with a big ol' plane like a '52, but varrrooom! The jet exhaust... frying chickens in the barnyard! "

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
But isn't this the 2nd one? Or some would say a continuation of the first.

kghoscht

Chimp
Oct 17, 2001
Somewhere in Time
Originally posted by stevew
But isn't this the 2nd one? Or some would say a continuation of the first.
A military forum I take part in refers to the Iran-Iraq war as the 1st, Desert Storm as the 2nd, and this current one as the 3rd. Force of habit, I should have said "Desert Storm II" or something.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I personally think Donald Rumsfeld And Dick Vermeil look like they were separated at birth.

steve

kghoscht

Chimp
Oct 17, 2001
Somewhere in Time
Originally posted by stevew
I personally think Donald Rumsfeld And Dick Vermeil look like they were separated at birth.

steve
I don't follow football, so I had to google about for a pic of Dick Vermeil. You're right, they do look alike.

While we're at it, let's not forget that George Bush the junior looks a hell of a lot like Alfred E. Newman! :D

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Originally posted by kghoscht

While we're at it, let's not forget that George Bush the junior looks a hell of a lot like Alfred E. Newman! :D
My brother refers to him as Elmer Fudd.:)