Quantcast

How many races are to many?

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Is this to many races for one summer this is what i have planned for Mt.biking never mind road which i likely joining one of the best road teams in Quebec soon.

May 10 Gary Fisher Cup at Bromont
17 Canada Cup #1 Bromont
31 Canada Cup # 2 Hardwood hills

June 7 Canada cup #3 Mt Tremblant
14-15 Raid hors-senteir 180km, 2 day stage race
22 Quebec cup Charlevoix
28-29 Snowshoe 24hours adrenline with nrsracer and gyro

July 12 Raid Trans Gaspesian possible 180km
26 Quebec cup

August 9 Quebec cup st-Felicien
16 Raid Peirre Harvey 50-60km
23 Quebec cup Camp Fortune

Septemer 6 Quebec cup
14 Raid subaru outback 55km

I'm also doing some other races through september and october which are long night races and raids not sure about the dates yet

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
No, I'm doing more.

I think it's fine to race every weekend, you just need to only taper for the "A" races. Also, be sure to pay attention to your body when it tells you it is tired.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Ok thanks I'm also most likely doing at least 1 road race a week if it works out right.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Heidi
No, I'm doing more.

I think it's fine to race every weekend, you just need to only taper for the "A" races. Also, be sure to pay attention to your body when it tells you it is tired.
ummmmm racing every weekend isn't a good thing. i think at his level he isn't gonna be able to control himself wanting to go all out in a race. it's fine to race every weekend if you can set goals and stay with in certain zones for the entire race and then go out and ride some more after the race. i would say more then like 20 mtn bike races for you JMAC might be harmful.......however doing more road races is gonna be a good thing. road races will improve your fitness......